What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2012

Someone here suggested we try the Widmer Brothers Citra Blonde Summer Brew...so I did. It's a decent summer blonde. Citra really adds that nice tropical flavor. I would drink again!

proxy.php

Up next I got to try the Sixpoint Resin. There was a lot of hype surrounding this release, and I must say I'm a little let down. Tons of caramel malt seem to mute the very floral and piney hops. It's more like a barley wine light. I figured with a name like Resin, it would really shine on the hops front. Also, a lot of alcohol present on the pallet....it's got the burn. Not a bad beer. But for $9 a four pack...I just expected more.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Going to the garage to pour a glass of my Simtra IPA, used a generous amount of 2 row, citra and simcoe hops, 7.5% abv. Had a Rogue Dead Guy ale earlier but who's counting.

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout. Great beer. Kind of hot, but is intended to age. I really don't have the patience for that right now...must sip.

proxy.php

$BreakyStout.jpg I was really glad RetiredGuns posted the Breakfast Stout. They hardly ever have it at the store where I usually buy beer, so I went out of my way to find some this week. MAN - it is some good stuff.

Firestone Walker's Reserve Porter

I found it a bit hoppy and bitter for a porter. I won't revisit this one.

Modelo Especial. Mexico's version of Miller High-Life. Okay for what it is, but not worth paying any extra money for it over Miller.

$BACKEAST IMPERIAL.jpg

When I first moved to CT, from Massachusetts, I thought I was really going to be slumming it. In many ways, my little rural section of CT has turned out to be a pretty nice place to live. It just got a bit better with the addition of BACK EAST brewery. BEB is about 40 miles to the west of me, near Hartford, but their (limited) selection of brews is available close to me. This Imperial Stout is a beauty. It's 10.5% without any alcohol being obvious. It's better than Sam Adams Imperial Stout, which I like - BTW, but not quite as nice as Great Divide's Yeti Imperial. Unfortunately, this is their first public offering, and I don't think it's going to be part of their regular rotation. Glad I got to try it while it was around, though. And if I can find them on Twitter, I'll surely follow.

Top Bottom