What's new

Beard Growing Contest: not sure I like this!

BAHAHAH You guys are hilarious, I love it!

Larry, one was green, one was brown, both undershirts that were military issue at different stages in my career. Green - army, Brown - Afghanistan, Relish - current camo.

I like this caption idea! Let's do it for all the pics! What we should do is at the end of the thread pick the greatest caption out of the bunch and I'll PIF some stuff to that person. What's everyone think?

$004capt.jpg

Holy Alan, you guys are killing me!! ROFL
I actually think I smell wonderful now that my EDC (that i'm not supposed to wear) isn't mixed with the scent of cigarette smoke :)

Day 5 and not much in the BG for you to comment on. Sorry.
Feeling like I'm worthy of a felony at this point.
$Picture 114.jpg

Week two is perhaps the toughest.

Week one you just look lazy. Week two it's starting to get pretty long, but not quite distinguishable as a beard. You look like a hobo, and people start ridiculing you, and it itches.

By the end of week three it starts looking like a beard, but not very impressive.

Week four you have an actual beard.

I just shaved off my 3.5 week beard tonight. I miss it already. I like my beard, my wife does not.

Oh the itch is already here my friend! People ridicule me regardless of the presence of facial hair and my wife is like yours.

My great friend Steve56 who has been mentoring me a bit with jnats and japanese knives has come up with a really great idea!
Perhaps someone here would like to 'donate' a razor they have put a jnat edge on for me to remove my month growth of beard and provide an in-depth review of the razor and edge that is on it. I know what my edges shave like and have been wanting to try someone else's edge for a long while now.

Any takers?

I'm not against using two and doing a left side right side comparison.

I do 5 passes every shave so even using 2 razors I'll get the feel for it pretty well :)

Day 6 looked like this: This is actually a little late as I was stupid busy yesterday with shopping and cooking and watching my son and then sharpening knives :)
$Picture 115.jpg

My great friend Steve56 who has been mentoring me a bit with jnats and japanese knives has come up with a really great idea!
Perhaps someone here would like to 'donate' a razor they have put a jnat edge on for me to remove my month growth of beard and provide an in-depth review of the razor and edge that is on it. I know what my edges shave like and have been wanting to try someone else's edge for a long while now.

Any takers?

I'm not against using two and doing a left side right side comparison.

I do 5 passes every shave so even using 2 razors I'll get the feel for it pretty well :)

Gonna send you one of mine Jeremy... This one... It's my favorite non rotation razor also the first razor I got a good jnat edge on thanks to you...

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391801630.859079.jpg

Last edited:
He said donate so I was looking for some clarification so there was no misunderstandings. :001_smile

No brooksie and I talked about this outside the forum... I was going to send it to him anyways to try out.. Because I wanted to someone to try my jnat edge... And hopefully he can put his jnat edge on it and send it back ;-)

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Oh heck no.. He's gotta send it back to me
with a Brooksie - Jnat edge on it for you to try I hope.

edit : I see you posted that above as I was typing. Always good to try another persons edge on your razor that you know well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom