What's new

Beard Growing Contest: not sure I like this!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I also quit awhile ago. I must have tried 10 or more times before the last one stuck. So far it's permanent. While I absolutely. loved smoking, not being a slave to it is very nice. I smoke the occassional pipe and cigar for pleasure and it hasn't led to a relapse. /hijack off.

Thanks for the words of wisdom Kent. This will be attempt 5 or 6 for me.

All this extra free time without shaving or smoking is going to be interesting!

I need more sharp and shiny stuff to fool with. Perhaps I should go hunt for some more vintage knives.

On a beard related note, I already have a few zits popping up as a result of not shaving. I still doing my shower followed by my routine minus the brush soap and shave part so I still get my dose of alum, witch hazel as splash and balm.

I have been quit tobacco or 7 years. I accidentally on "quit smoking day 2006". It was enough to carry me through. Since then my girlfriend died from lung cancer in 2010. whyquit.com is a good resource. It boils down to the first 72 hours you are combating a chemical addiction. After that is just the habit. You can't use patches, gums or any gimmicks. The longer you go the easier it is. I counted how much money I was saving for one motivation. Once you have "quit" do not ever even a toke, a cigar, a taste or a chew.

Yep, good luck with that. I dipped for 25 years, quit four or five times. My strongest trigger the first 6 months or so was drinking.

Face armor? Go big or go home! :thumbup1:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
another ex smoker here. All the best with this. What worked for me was thinking of it as 5 minute battles. The time many differ but I found that I just resisted each craving as they came and in no time the distance between each craving gets longer and longer.

Thanks guys! You're all awesome; even you film buffs are pretty cool.

I'm trying to come up with a way to capture the growth of my beard better. Would it help if i posted day 1 and the current day beside each other so the change is obvious?

Day 3, feeling like a complete dirtbag....
$Picture 109.jpg

Thanks guys! You're all awesome; even you film buffs are pretty cool.

I'm trying to come up with a way to capture the growth of my beard better. Would it help if i posted day 1 and the current day beside each other so the change is obvious?
Think of your itching beard and nicotine cravings as penance for using your film to sharpen a knife.

I think you need a bottle in a paper bag as a prop for your next photo.

Day 4 and feeling gross. Getting a few more pimples. Usually I don't get any. Not sure if this is from 2 days of not smoking or not shaving for 4 days.
$Picture 111.jpg

If they are under the beard I rarely get pimples but find a couple if I havent shaved in several days more. Next comes the itching....

Week two is perhaps the toughest.

Week one you just look lazy. Week two it's starting to get pretty long, but not quite distinguishable as a beard. You look like a hobo, and people start ridiculing you, and it itches.

By the end of week three it starts looking like a beard, but not very impressive.

Week four you have an actual beard.

I just shaved off my 3.5 week beard tonight. I miss it already. I like my beard, my wife does not.

Top Bottom