What's new

Bay Rum Friday/Saturday

Ogallala bay rum.JPG

I really like my Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood, it does have some clove but that is what I also like in this Bayrum. It does have a unique bold clean Bayrum scent but with the Sandal wood added it settles in for a nice sweeter scent for hrs it seems. I always put some mid arm to test the scent strength as the day goes on. It is more for the individual than a whole room for folks, not sure how the double strength is for projecting or scent loudness.
I used it Friday & this morning and really enjoy the soap and aftershave, you get your moneys worth with Ogallala, the soap does mix differently and a synthetic brush squeezed before lathering works the best for myself with this soap and more a pastier lather with a wet face gives me best results if that helps at all.
I like to use most of my soaps for 2 days in a row in a random rotation for variety for the last 5 years. ( click photo to expand.)
View attachment 1531818 View attachment 1531820
Have some great shaves!
Is the scent of the bay rum and sandalwood splash the same as the scent of the soap? I used the soap and really like the scent (it struck me as all sandalwood and no bay rum, but I still enjoyed it) but wasn’t sure about the splash.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Is the scent of the bay rum and sandalwood splash the same as the scent of the soap? I used the soap and really like the scent (it struck me as all sandalwood and no bay rum, but I still enjoyed it) but wasn’t sure about the splash.
I did not find the soap all sandalwood scent but more Bayrum with some clove(soap has a pinkish tone color), the splash is more Bayrum and slight clove with some sandalwood as it dries down, the Bayrum is more dominate for first few hrs and slowly sweetens a little over time IMO.
I just bought a second jug of Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood because Fendrihan had a quick sale on so bought another because the 1st is getting low & really enjoy it.

Great thread, I've used the original Captains Choice and followed that up with Cat o 9 Tails, none since. Not many mentions of BM s bay rum which I m interested in trying....any opinions on that? Ready to get back in the game.

Great thread, I've used the original Captains Choice and followed that up with Cat o 9 Tails, none since. Not many mentions of BM s bay rum which I m interested in trying....any opinions on that? Ready to get back in the game.
It's brighter than most, I'd say fruitier and sweeter but not too much of either of those. It doesn't have the sticky clove smell of some that can wear out its welcome. I never get sick of their bay rum.

Top Bottom