What's new

Baume.be

Just got this to day and tried it out and wow this stuff is concentrated! I only used a small bit and did a quick bowl lather and easily had enough for three passes and more with such a small amount -- very impressive. I think it does live up to it's reputation as one of the best creams out there. It's not quite as slick as Xpec IMO but it was certainly thicker and provided more cushion.

Overall a very good shave but I'll need to add a bit more water next time and I thought I added quite a bit but this cream really likes water.

If you don't mind me asking where did you purchase yours from? How would you compare it to Castle Forbes or Art of Shaving cream? Have you tried the Baume.be soap and if so how does the cream compare to it? I don't need another shave cream or soap but could be influenced to make yet another purchase... :wink2:

[MENTION=106626]mark1JT[/MENTION] I got it from https://ekinon.com they now have a Canadian shipping site out of Coquitlam, BC.

I don't try my CF Lime till tomorrow so I can't comment on that but I did use AOS this morning and it's slicker and has more cushion and you use less. It's not head and shoulders above AOS since it's a great cream on its own but it is a better cream and will last a lot longer from what I can see so it's probably a better value. It does lose to AOS in the scent and post shave feel categories though, which are my least important.

It's definitely a strong buy recommendation in my books and something I will rebuy based on my experience so far.

Last edited:
dabrock, thanks for the link. First I've heard of this vendor. Nice that they're Cdn. I may have to get the baume.be, I just have so many soaps, etc now... I worry about the creams going off if not used for a year +. Let me know your thoughts on the baume.be compared to the castle forbes lime once you use it, might just push my S/CAD over the edge!! :wink2:

dabrock, thanks for the link. First I've heard of this vendor. Nice that they're Cdn. I may have to get the baume.be, I just have so many soaps, etc now... I worry about the creams going off if not used for a year +. Let me know your thoughts on the baume.be compared to the castle forbes lime once you use it, might just push my S/CAD over the edge!! :wink2:

I've had several creams for over 2 years without issue, I don't know how long it takes before they start to go bad but they are pretty stable IME. I'll let you know how I compare it to the CF Lime and that is an amazing real lime scent!

I'll take Baume over XPEC any day.

I mean, I'm not giving up my tub of XPEC Unscented, but Baume is better.

Once I get Baume.be more dialed in it might be my favourite cream. I still have to try CF and SMN so we'll see how it goes.

So what's your take on AOS sandalwood vs Castle Forbes lime vs Baume.be?

by the way I ordered some Baume.be from the site you mentioned. Great customer service. They refunded me 20% via a discount code they had going on that I had no idea about! First time that's ever happened.

by the way I ordered some Baume.be from the site you mentioned. Great customer service. They refunded me 20% via a discount code they had going on that I had no idea about! First time that's ever happened.

That s great customer service. That s whati like in our hobby, there are a lot of great sellers that know how to treat their customers.

So what's your take on AOS sandalwood vs Castle Forbes lime vs Baume.be?

They did the same for me and the shipping box is very professional. I also got a sample of a nice talc powder.

My first experience with CF wasn't as great as it should have been but I didn't think I needed to dial in such an expensive cream. It was Ok but the lather seemed very light and I guess that's how it is. I will face lather it next use.

Baume.be blew it away in round 1. It's up there with Xpec but I'm not yet sure about CF. I would still put AOS above CF at this point but I'll give it another go next week.

Last edited:

I do not agree, I have the XPEC and Baume.be, I find I use too much product, and do not like the real creamy consistency. Love XPEC, AdP, and SMN with ABC coming in 4th . I will not be purchasing Baume.be again. NOT that it is bad cream, just do not like the way it come on my brush.

They did the same for me and the shipping box is very professional. I also got a sample of a nice talc powder.

My first experience with CF wasn't as great as it should have been but I didn't think I needed to dial in such an expensive cream. It was Ok but the lather seemed very light and I guess that's how it is. I will face lather it next use.

Baume.be blew it away in round 1. It's up there with Xpec but I'm not yet sure about CF. I would still put AOS above CF at this point but I'll give it another go next week.

Well for me the CF is ahead of the AOS sandalwood except on scent. The AOS sandalwood is a fantastic scent for me. Mind you I only have 3 shaves with AOS and 2 with CF under my belt but that's my initial opinion. Baume.be should be in soon. If it's real creamy like the AOS I'll just put some on my face with my finger and then face lather as per usual.

Thanks for your opinion dabrock.

Well for me the CF is ahead of the AOS sandalwood except on scent. The AOS sandalwood is a fantastic scent for me. Mind you I only have 3 shaves with AOS and 2 with CF under my belt but that's my initial opinion. Baume.be should be in soon. If it's real creamy like the AOS I'll just put some on my face with my finger and then face lather as per usual.

Thanks for your opinion dabrock.
No problem, I'll let you know how I find CF next shave but SMN is up tonight. [emoji4]

Got my baume.be from Ekinon today. First thing I must say that I was very impressed with the quality, care and attention that they put into their packaging. I won't say exactly what the packaging was so as not to spoil it for others but I would highly recommend this business for shave gear. The free samples were a nice added touch also.

I shaved with the baume.be as luck would have it the cream arrived not too long before I was going to shave anyway. Wow is an understatement. I realize this is only the first shave with the baume.be but it was fantastic. Great lather, cushion, slickness, and post shave. I would say at this time it is my favorite cream and possibly my favorite lather. Haslingers sheep milk and lanolin is very high up there too though. They both exhibit similar shave qualities to me at least. I was really impressed with how little baume.be cream was needed for a 3 pass + touch ups shave. The scent, while not describable by me, was fantastic also. I may have to get the baume.be asb once I get low on my Soap Commander asb's.

Thank you dabrock for enabling my S/CAD and putting me on to baume.be.

Got my baume.be from Ekinon today. First thing I must say that I was very impressed with the quality, care and attention that they put into their packaging. I won't say exactly what the packaging was so as not to spoil it for others but I would highly recommend this business for shave gear. The free samples were a nice added touch also.

I shaved with the baume.be as luck would have it the cream arrived not too long before I was going to shave anyway. Wow is an understatement. I realize this is only the first shave with the baume.be but it was fantastic. Great lather, cushion, slickness, and post shave. I would say at this time it is my favorite cream and possibly my favorite lather. Haslingers sheep milk and lanolin is very high up there too though. They both exhibit similar shave qualities to me at least. I was really impressed with how little baume.be cream was needed for a 3 pass + touch ups shave. The scent, while not describable by me, was fantastic also. I may have to get the baume.be asb once I get low on my Soap Commander asb's.

Thank you dabrock for enabling my S/CAD and putting me on to baume.be.
Lol you're welcome! It's a great cream and one of the best soaps or creams around and not even that expensive especially considering how little you need!

Top Bottom