What's new

Baume.Be or Xpec?

....How is it best to apply ? I face lather or should I bowl lather this ?

Either way - works equally well with both methods. I actually used Baume just moments ago! I have found (for me) that this particular cream does not require as much water as some others. Give it a practice bowl lather and add just a few drops of water slowly till it breaks down so you can see what I mean. This cream is nice and slick, and has a great post shave feel.

I like it a lot, not sure if it is better than Xpec, but for sure it is slick and the post shave is great, I need to reserve judgement until I have used it a few times.

I think it has a very weak scent. The crème is very good, but difficult to load and dial in as it is so very soft. I like it but do not like its characteristics if that makes any sense.

If I had to choose only one to keep, it would be Baume.

Now, if XPEC smelled CF Lime, Stirling Anise, or even Speick, that might change. I do use XPEC in spite of its scent. Should've bought unscented.

The jury for me is still out as now I am going back and forth between the 2
IMHO Xpec is superior, in cushion, lather, and aroma. I feel post shave, and protection its a push
Baume.Be I believe has a slight edge on glide and is slightly less drying.
I think my vote will go to Xpec

I think it has a very weak scent. The crème is very good, but difficult to load and dial in as it is so very soft. I like it but do not like its characteristics if that makes any sense.

Are you trying to load out of the tub with Baume.be? You're right it is too soft to do this without loading enough cream to do a 4-pass shave on a dozen men. I lift out about 2 almonds worth and plop it on to the brush and go to town.

The jury for me is still out as now I am going back and forth between the 2
IMHO Xpec is superior, in cushion, lather, and aroma. I feel post shave, and protection its a push
Baume.Be I believe has a slight edge on glide and is slightly less drying.
I think my vote will go to Xpec

Thanks for your impressions!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Hello, as the manufacturer of the BAUME.BE line I have never received complaints from the reseller nor any questions. Could I have the lot nr. of the shaving cream so I can check this? It is printed on the backside near the INCI-list. We keep samples of all the lots and the very first sample of 4 years ago has still not "gone bad". Please mail this to [email protected]. I do care and am extremely disappointed with this thread.

Specific to the OP I can say that having used the 2 creams my preference is the for the Baume.be by some margin. I find it better/easier to lather to the optimum consistency than XPEC. Scent wise I don't get much from it but my sensitive skin definitely likes it. Lastly I have had a jar ( yes it feels more like a jar than a tub) the best part of 12 months and no problems with the cream "aging". Baume.be Great stuff !
I bought Baume.be cream because it was recommended to me personally here on B&B. And guess what? I just love it. I am also using their pre-shave every time I shave. I've found it to be a huge benefit. I know there are varying opinions on pre-shave. I wasn't a fan myself until I tried the Baume.be pre-shave.

One anecdotal story shouldn't destroy a carefully built reputation... The cream has been around since 2012 and I've heard and read dozens of positive stories about it.. and have experienced the joy of using it myself. I will buy it again after I finish off this container... and I ordered a seconds pre-shave because it comes in a smaller container. ;)

What does Baum.be smell like? Is it a strong scent?

thanks
I don't care for strong soaps... Baume.be is a very nice but light scent. My wife likes it.. I don't have a good sense of smell but I know I don't like "in-your-face" soaps and Baume.be certainly isn't that.

I bought Baume.be cream because it was recommended to me personally here on B&B. And guess what? I just love it. I am also using their pre-shave every time I shave. I've found it to be a huge benefit. I know there are varying opinions on pre-shave. I wasn't a fan myself until I tried the Baume.be pre-shave.

One anecdotal story shouldn't destroy a carefully built reputation... The cream has been around since 2012 and I've heard and read dozens of positive stories about it.. and have experienced the joy of using it myself. I will buy it again after I finish off this container... and I ordered a seconds pre-shave because it comes in a smaller container. ;)

I don't care for strong soaps... Baume.be is a very nice but light scent. My wife likes it.. I don't have a good sense of smell but I know I don't like "in-your-face" soaps and Baume.be certainly isn't that.
Lol, I have had a tub since I made that post. Good stuff! Not my favorite scent.

Top Bottom