What's new

Battle Brothers Razor Blades

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I used at least one. It was very good. Get in touch with ‘’battle brothers’. They will send you some. They are not cheap.

Fast shaver, I have used them, as has my son, and we both really like them. At a minimum I find them equal to Astras, and I like my Astras! Nice life to them, yet they're comfortable and give us both really nice results on a daily basis. I posted a review back in May on them.

Fast shaver, I have used them, as has my son, and we both really like them. At a minimum I find them equal to Astras, and I like my Astras! Nice life to them, yet they're comfortable and give us both really nice results on a daily basis. I posted a review back in May on them.
I read the excellent review Jeff...but I am not sure how the blades are manufactured.. Did the brothers actually buy industrial blade making machinery ?? ..or are they rebranding another firms blades ?...The machinery to manufacture blades is probably over one million dollars...

IF memory serves (and we all know how that can be) they are currently manufacturing in China but buy their steel elsewhere (I think it's here in the States, but I could be wrong) and ship it over for manufacture. As of when I wrote that review they were in the process of looking for a way to get the manufacturing done over here, but I don't believe that has been realized yet.

I think the only manufacturer is Personna in the USA ? I can't see them doing a small run of blades hence China comes into the picture.

I think the only manufacturer is Personna in the USA ? I can't see them doing a small run of blades hence China comes into the picture.

"Made in the USA" does not necessarily mean much any more. Products can be made elsewhere, brought into the US, packaged here for retail sale and legitimately be labeled "Made in the USA".

Unless I am mistaken, Personna is the only manufacturer currently producing blades in the USA. Each individual blade is stamped "Made in USA". The Personna Lab Blues and Med Prep blades are made in the States. I know that the Personna plant in Israel make a lot of blades for rebranding. There is no specific branding printed on the individual blades. The packages may say "Made in Israel" or some may say "Made in Mexico", but I understand that these are blades made in Israel and packaged in Mexico.

I have not tried Battle Brothers blades. The unusual thing about them is that it appears each blade made be printed with the brand. That is uncommon with generic rebranded blades. . Although the Battle Brothers blades do not use the "ice tempered" description of Timor, Merkur and VDH blades, the description does specify the use of nitrogen, which may be used for cryogenic treatment of the blades. Although someone stated that the Battle Brothers blades were expensive, they are half the price of Merkur branded blades.

Thanks for the excellent review!! :a14::a14::a14:

"Made in the USA" does not necessarily mean much any more. Products can be made elsewhere, brought into the US, packaged here for retail sale and legitimately be labeled "Made in the USA".
Made in the USA and Packaged in the USA are "not" the same and the only way for it to be legitimate is to "actually" be made and packaged here in the US!!

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Wasn’t much impressed the 1st time I used one. But I tried it a second time and really thought it was a great blade. The razor you use makes a big difference as well.

Many times I've seen " assembled " in USA om various items...
I've seen this on occasion as well but just like packaged, its still not "Made in the USA" and IMO, absolutely useless and only used as a marketing ploy and most people don't even notice it and think what they read was Made in the USA... Very deceiving!!

Top Bottom