What's new

Barrister's Reserve Spice. Does this seem right to you?

A Barrister and Mann "Barrister's Reserve Spice" arrived today and the bouquet is quite something. However, it doesn't look right. Notice the mottled consistency and discolouration?

IMG_20170906_161431.jpg

I did find a review on youtube that looked to have exactly the same appearance. Maybe this is expected? If you have this soap, would you mind confirming please?

EDIT: I should note that I've enhanced the image slightly to make the mottling more obvious. In the flesh it doesn't appear so serious.

Its not a milled soap so it's not going to be pressed and molded into a perfectly smooth disc.

How does it lather and shave?

Mine looks the same with the bottom portion in the tub looking more white. Must be some type of oxidization. Soap works great and smells fantastic. Going to try the cool next time. Might be my favourite soap.

I haven't used it yet just in case it needed to be returned. Oxidation seems the likely cause of the colour.

Thanks folks.

Your tub is A-OK.

I just ordered some stuff from B&M this past weekend. Received it today. Weather has been mild, so it hasn't been sitting in overly hot or cold temps. Variety of color, due to ingredients.

Picture, hot off the press, lids next to each container so you know what's what:
Open.jpg

Top Bottom