What's new

Barrister and Mann discontinued scents

Wow! This really does look like a problem. I would hate for them to stop their Bay Rum or their Seville...I might actually get depressed if that happened.
yeah i think those are probably their best sellers...would be silly of them to stop those. I for one love their Seville soap.

My fav that are no longer made are

1: solstice
2: vetiver, heather and clary sage

I still have half used puck of each left that I use on special occasions .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i forgot to add

I also miss their

Lime, Lavender & Cedarwood soap. I dont have any of this puck left.

I have this struggle with many artisans--don't fall too much in love with a scent because no telling if they'll make it again next year.

Very much agree. Between the carousel of scents and modification of bases, I share the struggle getting behind many artisans. Just feels like a waiting game to see when a product you enjoy will be modified or discontinued completely when they do it with such frequency.

+1! Or, and I've said this before, try and buy the scent profile of the "The Kraken" from the late, great Mickey Lee Soapworks.
Thanks for the suggestion. I found the famous Kraken to be nothing at all like Oceana. Still, it was nice for the suggestion anyway.

I picked up all of the flavors of the Latha line before it was discontinued. It would be great to see some of those scents in the excelsior base. Eventide is the only seasonal soap of his that I didn't like, and I ended up selling that.

I was disappointed too when BM discontinued Latha, and some others. I guess they wanted to focus on wacky fragrances, like that of baseball games and sesame street, instead. That’s why I moved on from BM

I was disappointed too when BM discontinued Latha, and some others. I guess they wanted to focus on wacky fragrances, like that of baseball games and sesame street, instead. That’s why I moved on from BM
Have you smelled Behold the whatis or Sunny Lane? They are both near the top of my B&M favorites list.

I have like the very bottom of a tin left and refuse to use it!!

I managed to find “a few” tubs and set for awhile.

It‘s not that I dislike the creative scents, I just don't necessarily want to smell “creative”. (plus I wish to avoid women repellent)
09C04188-0849-4EC4-BF66-49F1D417AA47.jpeg

I managed to find “a few” tubs and set for awhile.

It‘s not that I dislike the creative scents, I just don't necessarily want to smell “creative”. (plus I wish to avoid women repellent)
View attachment 1135020

Nice!!! I don’t dig the “creative” scents. I applaud the effort, but not for me. They also use Mousse De Saxe quite often which I really don’t care for. Saville is my jam though. I love that scent.

Pretty sure both of those are in the "permanent" collection now.

Fougere Gothique. One of my favorite scents. Wife loves it, too. One of these days I'm going to break down and buy the EdT.
Do it! You won’t regret it. I resisted for quite some time but really glad I got it. Actually wondering if I should grab another bottle before they are no longer available. I like it that much!

Vetyver Santal (white label)
It was the1st shaving soap that I was able to smell the different scent notes. I still have a partial tub that I break out once in a while

Very much agree. Between the carousel of scents and modification of bases, I share the struggle getting behind many artisans. Just feels like a waiting game to see when a product you enjoy will be modified or discontinued completely when they do it with such frequency.
This feels like a marketing strategy.

I cannot fault them for it, as at the end of the day they are still in business to make money!
i dunno i dont see Stirling discontinuing tons of scents. Sure they make lots of new ones but you can still get older scents from them.

Thats why i tend to default to buying from Stirling. I like B&M a lot but i'm not on the "buy every new scent or base" train.

Top Bottom