What's new

Barcelona

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Enjoying a holiday in Barcelona and visited this wonderful little shop in the Gothic quarter near the Basílica de Santa Maria del Mar

Ganiveyería Roca

Attachments

• IMG_0741.jpeg
    IMG_0741.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Enjoying a holiday in Barcelona and visited this wonderful little shop in the Gothic quarter near the Basílica de Santa Maria del Mar

Ganiveyería Roca
So I got the wrong Basilica, the shop is actually near the Basilica de Santa Maria del Pi

The Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar is about 1km away 🤣

This morning I had an excellent shave from this shop

View attachment 1808108

Ronda del General Mitre, 188 bis, Sarrià-Sant Gervasi, 08006 Barcelona, Spain

Let me guess: shavette with DE blade broken in half, boar brush and shaving cream, not more than €10 ($11)? :straight:

Seems to be the standard for barber shops - at least around the Mediterranean… :cuppa:

B.

P.S.
Sad that Henkel decided to pull the plug on La Toja shaving creams. They were good creams and I don’t care much for sticks, except when travelling. Yesterday I noticed a few remaining ones in a small neighborhood drugstore in Lisbon.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who read the title of this thread and immediately thought of this:

No, not me - far from it. 👎
(That was way too much syrup 🍯 for my taste. Others may disagree and that is fine.)

When I think of Barcelona, I think of the Ramblas (tree lined alleys) in the city centre, the Sagrada Familia cathedral (not really my thing, but famous nevertheless), Carlos Ruiz Zafón (Barcelona born writer who died in 2020) who set his novels in Barcelona, and the fact that a lot of locals would rather answer you in English than Spanish 🇪🇸 because they are proud Catalans.
Like in: “Don’t bother to try to speak Spanish to me as it is neither your nor my language. We might as well converse in English.

1710241082421.png

Politics, as usual… 😏

B.

Last edited:
No, not me - far from it. 👎

When I think of Barcelona, I think of the Ramblas (tree lined alleys) in the city centre, the Sagrada Familia cathedral (not really my thing, but famous nevertheless), and the fact that a lot of locals would rather answer you in English than Spanish 🇪🇸 because they are proud Catalans.
Like in: “Don’t bother to try to speak Spanish to me as it is neither your nor my language. We might as well converse in English.

View attachment 1811074

Politics, as usual… 😏

B.
I've not had the privilege of visiting Spain, though I have no doubt it's a beautiful country and I would really enjoy myself there. Still, I love the song and how it was performed by Freddie Mercury and Montserrat Caballe. They were two of the greatest vocal artists of the late 20th century, IMHO.

I've not had the privilege of visiting Spain, though I have no doubt it's a beautiful country and I would really enjoy myself there. Still, I love the song and how it was performed by Freddie Mercury and Montserrat Caballe. They were two of the greatest vocal artists of the late 20th century, IMHO.

Yes, of course.
Tastes do differ and that is perfectly fine.

If you do visit Barcelona, be aware of the pickpockets that swarm around the prime tourist spots (like a lot of other busy and popular places). Locals will tell you that these are gypsies who ruin the reputation of Barcelona.
Truth be told, as much as I like the vibrancy of Barcelona, it is best to stay away during the high season.

B.

Top Bottom