What's new

Barbershop Scent

Stephan's makes a Cologne/aftershave that has been used for generations
Bay rum, & lilac are popular. Pinaud musk is good, and Pinaud special reserve has a unique sent. Eau de Quinine is very strong to the senses and has lately been deemed
dangerous from the FDA. side effects include stroke, heart attack, liver failure. Now if your planning a trip to amazon.

Musgo Real bud...classic barber all the way!

+1

Musgo Real is my go-to barber shop scent. I've only tried the aftershave. I'm not sure about their colognes. Man, I really love the stuff. It is manly without being overly manly, if that makes sence.

Dunhill 03/34
Creed Vintage Tabarome
Creed Baie de Genievre
C&S Oxford and Cambridge
Floris JF, No.89
Gendarme, Gendarme 20
Trumpers GFT, all trumpers.
Hugh Parsons Traditional (blue)
Penhaligons Blenheim, Douro, Racquets
T&H Grafton, 1805, Freshman
YSL Rive Gauche

My favorite is "Hawleywoods No. 9 Aftershave" this one is not really one you hear much about. Bay Rum scent. I love it. All of Hawleywoods products are pretty boss! You can buy this one online.
:death:

I'd go with Pinaud Clubman or Tabac. Good news: they are both inexpensive enough to take for a trial run. The Clubman is a only few bucks at most drug stores, and a B.F.B. (big bottle) of Tabac is only, like, $25.

This is the one which transports me back to the days when my father took me to the barber shop for a haircut... nothing says "1950s" like Pinaud Lilac Vegetal.

proxy.php

what is too differentiate a cologne from an aftershave splash then??

an aftershave splash will say "aftershave lotion" or something on it. The colognes will say EDT or EDC or something. The general difference is aftershaves are less potent/more watered down than colognes and aren't designed to last too long. But of course this is just a generalization...

I would definitely give Pinaud clubman a try...yes, it is an aftershave...but it lasts longer than almost any aftershave I know (and longer than a lot of colognes)...like all day long. If you splash a generous amount on your chest you will definitely get the cologne experience. To me, clubman is the classic barbershop scent. But maybe that's just MY barbershop...

Pinaud Clubman or Aqua Velva. Either one of those two and I think of Floyd Apple's Elmwood Barber Shop in Dearborn MI. Don't make 'em like that anymore.

Your barber could have used bayrum scented aftershave and talc all your life and then to you that is what you would associate as a barbershop scent.

I would bring up Rive Gauche again, it definitely reminds me of a barbershop another one on the pricey side would be Profumum Antico Caruso

i have heard a bit about Elixir Black too having this sort of scent. Basically i am only 19 years Old but want too smell different too every other deoderant smelling kid. I want to go back to the 50s :)

I don't know why would you want to go that drastic. I'd say get samples from Truefitt&Hill. They're a barbershop but some of their scents are quite a bit on the modern side.

Top Bottom