What's new

Barbasol shave cream in a tube

Yep...a great story all the way around...Interesting Barbasol is making a shave cream again.It says "similar" to the original formula...I sure wish I could do a side-by-side formula comparison from the secret vault archives....Also,I suspect this is hand application and not brush ???

Fantastic story, and congrats on a heartwarming PIF! I've been wondering how non-areosol Barbasol performed, and now I may have to pick up a tube....

Excellent story and a nice thing to do for him. I use the Barbasol in a tube when in a rush.....excellent shave cream and scent!!

Excellent story and a nice thing to do for him. I use the Barbasol in a tube when in a rush.....excellent shave cream and scent!!

This is encouraging. A first hand user.

I'm on-board. Gonna check this out for travel. I usually snitch and use a hotel coffee cup for a mug instead of trying to pack one, and often the hotel service staff "cleans up" and takes my mug. Can't blame 'em. It's their job. But it interferes with my routine.

Thanks for sharing that story, very thoughtful thing you did for him :) Awesome that hes back to using the products too :)

That story made my day.

My dad was drafted into the army in the early 1950's and ended up serving during Korea. Unfortunately he passed in 2008 and most of his stories died with him.

I've used non aerosol Barbasol and it works very well, but some people actually find it either too thick ("use less" is usually my retort) or they just don't like the smell or sensation because they are so used to canned foam.

When I buy it I usually go through Walgreen's because of the lower price. I've been told you can buy it direct from Barbasol, but you have to buy it in case lots.

Thanks to this thread

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1413498325590.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413498325590.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 83
I have heard they also used it as a floor wax AND a dessert topping.

Thanks,
Mike

...but when he joined the army in 1942 they issued him barbasol cream and he liked that better. He said he used it for everything, wound dressing, chapstick, sunburn treatment, to break in new boots, and in Korea they used it to keep their faces from freezing solid, and of course you could use it as a shave cream as well, and you could even put it in your hair to make it look nice for the ladies when you were going out on the town. ...

I had no idea that Barbasol made a product like this, as I was only aware of the aerosol cans, so thanks for posting!

Top Bottom