What's new

Balin's Brushes, Blades and Assorted Baloney!

I’ll keep you in my prayers and thoughts. Maybe it’s a door opening to better days ahead.

@Balin I will do the same, my friend.

Same, sending prayers.

Praying as well
Thanks guys I appreciate it 🙂.
As long as HR is not in the room during that meeting, it should be ok. Unless you’re HR…
Thanks Luc, and thanks for the chuckle as I am not HR 🙂

SOTD:
Lush Kalamazoo face and beard wash
Proraso white preshave
DR Harris Arlington
Tabac
WR1 .74 OC
Lord Cool 2
Chubby 1 Super
View attachment 1827235
Rating 5/5 Comfortable BBS

It was a great shave after a bit of a miserable 2 days. I am little stressed lately. I received an email from my boss yesterday scheduling a 1 on 1 meeting. This is the first time he has scheduled something like that with me. Also invited to this meeting is my in country manager. I did follow up with my boss, asking if I should be concerned and received a vague reply along the lines of there are a lot of changes afoot and he would fill me in at the meeting. I could be over reacting but, I have had something similar to this happen in 2020 which resulted in the ending of a 28 year career. Keep your fingers crossed that its because somebody else is leaving business and that I have more work to pick up. I am trying to stay cup half full here 🍻.
Will keep you in prayers that this meeting will go well.

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
I know this is a serious matter that will affect your life, but sometimes a little humor will lighten the mood and I'll share some of the most hilarious advice I was ever given by one of my best buddies.

I was about to go into a very serious meeting with four people that basically was going to decide if I completed my PhD and would graduate. I had to give a presentation and then answer a bunch of questions until they felt they were done beating me down. When they were done with questions, they'd ask me to leave the room so they could discuss if I would graduate or not. My best buddy told me that when I'm done and am about to leave the room, go all Triple H on them and do this gesture:

shawn michaels dx GIF by WWE

The point my buddy was making was to not actually do this gesture, of course, but having that thought in my head would lift the mood. If you think about doing this during your meeting, it might help you keep your sanity. It certainly helped me keep mine.

Have faith pal, we're all pulling for you.
I'm going to share with you a story that happened to me while I was in the auto business as a sales rep. (Salesman)

Now the dealership I was working at had been bought out by another dealership and was going through some changes as far as management was concerned.

We got to meet the guy who was going to be our new Sales Manager at the morning meeting. He was known to some of the guys and the opinion varied. I had no idea who he was or what to expect.

Now keep in mind this was a seasoned and experienced group of sales people he was addressing. I had been in the business for over 10 years and had taken quite a few courses on selling, customer relations, building your business etc.

So this guy stars talking about how he's going to have the sales people all start to learn how to sell again from him. He's the one who's going to lead us and the dealership to more sales, greater glory and utopia in general. I'm feeling skeptical and as I glance around I see the others with the same look or one of confusion about what they're hearing.

This goes on...and on. I'm now getting irritated, I glance over at my pal and he's got a look of amusement on his face as if to say "this is funny and he's kidding...right?" I don't get that feeling, I think this goof is serious.

Then comes the "pies de resistance"...he tells us what is expected as far as being at work is concerned. He says "The first time you are late...I'll send you home. The second time you're late I'll send you home for a week. The third time you're late, I'll fire you". He pauses for dramatic effect and lets that sink in. Just before he starts to yap again I put my hand up. He looks at me and says "Yes"? I stand, look around just to get a sense of the room and start to speak by saying..."So let me get this clear"...and I then re-iterate what he said about being late. I then ask "Have I got that right"? He replies "You do" in a fairly arrogant manner.
I then looked at this horses *** and said very clearly "Well, I'm planning on being late at LEAST three times so I'll save you the effort of firing me because I QUIT". At which point I simply walked out of the meeting (it was very quiet) went to my office and started packing up.

A couple of the managers came by to try and talk me out of this because I was selling pretty good and you don't want to let someone go who's actually moving product. I was not swayed by their arguments. Then the other sales people came by to wish me well and laugh with me about the situation and the look on the goofs face when I did this. I had no idea what I was going to do or where I was going to go. I knew the dealership would put their own spin on what happened so it could get interesting looking for work.

I wound up taking a week off and relaxing. I then began my look for work in earnest. I didn't have to look long because the auto industry (dealerships) will hire anyone who can sell. As long as you haven't committed some heinous crime, did drugs or punched out any managers or owners. Besides I also found out that this manager was well known and not in a particularly good light.

Now, I am certainly not advising you to do anything like what I did because that situation was kinda extreme as far as I was concerned. But do remember to value and stick up for yourself. That's all. We're all on your side and are hoping for the best for you and your family.

mad-max-thumbs-up-u5ovrjg0tk28wfe0.gif

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
DR Harris Arlington
Tabac
WR1 .74 OC
Lord Cool 2
Chubby 1 Super
View attachment 1827235

It was a great shave after a bit of a miserable 2 days. I am little stressed lately. I received an email from my boss yesterday scheduling a 1 on 1 meeting. This is the first time he has scheduled something like that with me. Also invited to this meeting is my in country manager. I did follow up with my boss, asking if I should be concerned and received a vague reply along the lines of there are a lot of changes afoot and he would fill me in at the meeting. I could be over reacting but, I have had something similar to this happen in 2020 which resulted in the ending of a 28 year career. Keep your fingers crossed that its because somebody else is leaving business and that I have more work to pick up. I am trying to stay cup half full here 🍻.
Staying positive for you @Balin

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
DR Harris Windsor - unpictured
Tabac
WR1 .74 OC
Lord Cool 3
Shavemac D01 22/46
1000005478.jpg

I will get the shave out of the way first. It was a comfortable BBS shave, but it only lasted about 2 hours before noticing regrowth in some of my trouble spots. I am still giving it a BBS result. I finished up the Arlington last shave so moved on to the Windsor. I think I like the scent of Arlington better.

Thanks for all of the support from everyone, it is truly appreciated. 😍 My call with my boss was as I feared. My position was determined to be surplus. The severance package wasn't great and they even failed to live up to the terms under my hiring agreement. I have a consultation with an employment lawyer scheduled. July 4th will be my last day. I have started the old school networking strategy in finding a new job to see if something comes up in the next 12 weeks. I am going to start working on my LinkedIn presence next Monday, on the clock of course 🤣.

If I cannot drum up a new job in the next 3 months, the plan is to enjoy time off in July and re-evaluate whether I want to stay I/T. I am mulling around possibly going back to school. As a mature student with 32+ years working experience there are options for accelerated diploma's. I might actually switch to Accounting 😁. I have handled project and department budgets through out my career, so it might not be that much of a stretch for me. Plus it will set me up for retirement gig's like book keeping or personal taxes during tax season!

Happy Friday 🍻

Top Bottom