What's new

Baili vs Weishi vs VDH

I believe you can pick up both Baili tech and TTO models, along with a Ming Shi at Italian Barber for around 30 bucks total if you want to try a few of them. Or you could sample a couple heads which would fit your handle.
Welcome, and enjoy your shaves.

I believe you can pick up both Baili tech and TTO models, along with a Ming Shi at Italian Barber for around 30 bucks total if you want to try a few of them. Or you could sample a couple heads which would fit your handle.
Welcome, and enjoy your shaves.
I'll check out the Ming Shi. Thanks

I ended up on the other end of the spectrum. Instead of going DE again, I ended up snagging a Gem 1912. I heard they were good and it was the same price as a Baili. I'm going to grab some Gem blades at Walgreens and give it a go come Monday. The one I acquired is in really nice condition and has the original case. eBay in case your wondering. If any of you have any suggestions with this razor feel free to give them. Thanks

First time poster, long time reader. I've used a few Safety razors over the years and I've recently had to retire my one and only Edwin Jagger. I tried a VDH but it barely cut my facial hair evenly. It felt like a chore with that razor. I've read that a weishi is practically the same model as VDH. What about the Baili TTO? I've tried Merkurs and they tend to be too aggressive. The jagger was good but I want something less expensive yet still provides a decent shave. I've read that some of these Chinese razors give good results. I just haven't found anything that touched on the difference between those 3 razors. Side note....I plan to use a feather blade in whatever new razor I get.
I have the Baili. If you are willing to spend 3 dollars more at Maggards, get the Ming Shi 2000s instead. It's an adjustable (Futur clone) and IMO a good step up from the Baili. The Baili is not bad by any means, but I bought it at the same time as my Ming Shi, and it was clear which was the better razor. The Ming Shi is now my primary daily driver.

I've heard great things about Maggards. Never heard of the Ming shi till it was brought up in the forum. After looking at both the Maggards looks great.

Top Bottom