What's new

Bagged Tea choices

Due to convenience and space, I'm stuck with bagged tea at work.

Currently I'm drinking Barry's Tea, with Yorkshire and PG Tips up next. I find these better than the standard Lipton available in the states.

Are they any other bagged teas you can recommend?

You can buy a package of empty tea bags, and then bring in some loose leaf teas.

Or you can pre-load the bags at home. That way you can have a variety of teas during the day.

Here are a couple of pretty good choices that should be easy to find in a supermarket.
$shopping.jpg
$shopping2.jpg

Both brands have numerous flavors and they range from good to awful, you make that decision. The Chinese Oolong shown above is purported to be the single best bagged tea on the planet by some experts.
As to the veracity of such claims I do not know, but I do enjoy the Earl Grey and English Breakfast varieties from these Brands.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I am a regular drinker of Twinings English Breakfast and Irish Breakfast. The Irish Breakfast packs a little more punch.

I've bought a variety pack of Dilmah teas from Amazon and find this brand to be a definite cut above Twinings, Bigelow, PG Tips, Brry's, etc. This pack included Ceylon Supreme, English Breakfast, English Afternoon and Earl Grey and they are all very good.

I like UK version of Twinings English Breakfast -- it's the one in the black package which is different from the red USA package. I brought a bunch back with me from a trip in September and will be sad when it is done. It is a bold black tea, I enjoy it very much

proxy.php

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I like UK version of Twinings English Breakfast -- it's the one in the black package which is different from the red USA package. I brought a bunch back with me from a trip in September and will be sad when it is done. It is a bold black tea, I enjoy it very much

proxy.php

Have you compared it to the Twinings Irish Breakfast tea we get here?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Twinings, Bigelow are pretty good.
Celestial Seasonings have good flavored fruity teas.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Our resident Brit suggested I try PG Tips. I picked up a box today, and am enjoying a cup now. It is a very nice tea, even if they are an upstart :biggrin: Only in England would a company that has been in business since 1930 be considered the new guys.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'm afraid I don't have a good enough memory of the Irish to compare, sorry.

I might try the PG Tips, too.

I am enjoying a cup of Tips now- it is a very nice tea. Irish Breakfast brings more strength, but the flavor of the PG Tips is fantastic (for a bagged tea)

Top Bottom