What's new

Badger & Blade Weight Loss Thread

Over the last two years I have lost 27 kg. Sorry, I don't know what that is in pounds, probably close to 60ish. I went from 147 kg down to hovering between 118 and 122. The best part is I have managed to maintain a fairly consistent weight.

I'm not overly concerned about the numbers, I'll leave worrying about that to my doctor, but I have reduced the waist size by about 75mm or 3". Also my shirts are noticably looser, especially around the midriff.

I think it is due to not being in the office and having to make my own healthy meals instead of going to the canteen for a burger and chips.

yea i need to lose weight too

really need to start doing IF again and fasting in general

im typing this whilst drinking a pepsi can lool

I’ll have to look into Altra shoes. I have wide feet also. Im a fan of Hoka shoes. They come in wide also.
they are the 0 drop if you like that ? but quite a few through hikers use the altra
the Hoka are popular to so like razors :) all good

I love some of the new ultralight stuff that is out and really into hammock camping and have some nice ultralight and light hammock stuff like 900 down quilts etc. amazing how good stuff has gotten no real hard hiking yet just mellow stuff
love the hammocks once you get good ones from some of the cottage type companies and learn its not the eno you see :) they are very comfy when setup properly
again like shaving people think the 5 blade whatever at costco is the razor like a hammock that is to small to heavy etc.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Over the last two years I have lost 27 kg. Sorry, I don't know what that is in pounds, probably close to 60ish. I went from 147 kg down to hovering between 118 and 122. The best part is I have managed to maintain a fairly consistent weight.

I'm not overly concerned about the numbers, I'll leave worrying about that to my doctor, but I have reduced the waist size by about 75mm or 3". Also my shirts are noticably looser, especially around the midriff.

I think it is due to not being in the office and having to make my own healthy meals instead of going to the canteen for a burger and chips.
2.2 kilos is equal to a pound.

Becoming a nurse was helpful in one thing!

2.2 kilos is equal to a pound.

Becoming a nurse was helpful in one thing!
Thanks @FarmerTan , I know there are 2.2406 lb to the Kg (or 1lb is approximately 454g), I have never used pounds as a measurement so I struggle with translating theory to the real world.

Give me the metric system and I can picture in my mind what it is, but start talking in pounds, feet, miles and squirrel lengths and I have to convert to metric.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks @FarmerTan , I know there are 2.2406 lb to the Kg (or 1lb is approximately 454g), I have never used pounds as a measurement so I struggle with translating theory to the real world.

Give me the metric system and I can picture in my mind what it is, but start talking in pounds, feet, miles and squirrel lengths and I have to convert to metric.
The US was shtoopid when I was young. Should have forced it down our throats and into our branes.

Wanna hear an unbelievably tru story doggone?

I had a 1981 Ford sedan that was a straight 6. It had a rocker cover that one side was held down with SAE and the other was metric headed bolts. Probably a law out of DC...them folks are nuttier than me.

Top Bottom