What's new

Backyard Maple 2

Graydog

Biblical Innards
A couple from the fallen but not forgotten "Backyard Maple"
Backyard Maple.jpg
Backyard Maple.jpg4.jpg
Backyard Maple.jpg5.jpg

You sir, are an artist of the highest caliber when it comes to your brushes. I was just wondering, do you wood work with other things for fun?

Well I wasn't to far off.
What is a horse hair knot like. I haven't read much about them other than they can have a unique odor that lasts for a while.

Life is like a wooden shave brush handle, never know what you have 'til you give it a spin. :)

As always beautiful

Well I wasn't to far off.
What is a horse hair knot like. I haven't read much about them other than they can have a unique odor that lasts for a while.
They smell surprisingly like a wet horse, not that unique:)

Best image I can give is a boars backbone with a badgers scritch. But I've only tried one type. The tail/mane mixture is important I hear. I like it better than badgers.

That's a shame @Graydog It would be fun to get ahold of some main and tail trimmings and make a knot. At least it seems like it should be easier to get ahold of than badger or boar.

Sure, if you aren't using them I would be happy to give one a home.
Is that leopardwood/lacewood? What happened to it?

Graydog

Biblical Innards
leopardwood, That was one of the first brushes that I made . before picture
I was not so good with the finish back then :)
I split the handle and removed the knot and put the knot in another handle .
PM me your mailing info. and I will see what I can do.
1-IMG_5934.JPG

I guess this is another knot I should give a try.
From my perspective Yeah, but I want to try everything :)

I think everyone should try boar, synthetic, and badger in that order. If nothing fits what their looking for, using those three as reference they can describe what their likes are.

For people that like trying things, I would add horse, s-brush, other types of badger, in that order.

For people that what the whole enchilada, I would then add nylon, just for historical perspective, and for perspective on what "the latest great thing" bandwagon can result in. :)

Top Bottom