What's new

Backpacking Trip a success!

Just got back from some wilderness backpacking. It was my first serious trip in about 10 years, and it was still on the lighter side of serious. :tongue_sm

We went to Frontenac Provincial Park, north of Kingston, On.

It has definitely whet my appetite for more trips this summer. This trip was 8 people, which I find is too much, there's just too much noise to see any wildlife when you're 8 people.

I also need to work on my weight reduction, my final pack weight was 55lbs (I'm 225-230) although I was carrying a lot of my girlfriend's share too.

We did around 40-45km over 3 days, it worked out pretty well, most of us managed to survive without any injuries or blisters. We had one mal-adjusted backpack cause some lovehandle chaffing and one brand new pair of boots wreak some havoc with blisters.

proxy.php

My shave when I got back was a very hot shower, followed by proraso pre/post and proraso green cream with C&E BBB face lathered. WTG/XTG/ATG and nivea xtreme comfort asb. An incredible shave to end an incredible long weekend.

A flickr set of the trip is available here http://www.flickr.com/photos/jordanconway/sets/72157618491589986/

Nope, no ticks, although it appears that I'm pretty covered in black fly and mosquito bites.

I miss the good ole days of 95% DEET Muskol, the %30 stuff is just not as effective; cancer be damned as long as I'm not itchy.

My shave when I got back was a very hot shower, followed by proraso pre/post and proraso green cream with C&E BBB face lathered. WTG/XTG/ATG and nivea xtreme comfort asb. An incredible shave to end an incredible long weekend.

When you got back? For heavens sake, man, did you go the entire trip without shaving? :confused:

When you got back? For heavens sake, man, did you go the entire trip without shaving? :confused:

Why would you weigh down your pack with nonessential luxuries?

I wonder how many of us would take our shaving gear out:

-car camping?

-primitive camping?

-on a 2-5 day hike?

Last edited:
Top Bottom