What's new

Back on the Bean- Reccomendations Needed

After about a year of not drinking coffee, I recently reunited with the bean. I've mostly been drinking Starbucks either at home or by stopping by the shop on the way to work. Over the last week or so I've come to the conclusion that I don't like their coffee...it tastes burnt and bitter. I would like to get some reccomendations on roasted beans other than SBs that have a smoother flavor profile. I prefer to perpare my coffee using a french press if that maes any difference in the bean selection.

Thanks for the reccomendations!

I was in a similar situation. I realized that the beans I was buying, were to put it bluntly, terrible, over roasted charcoal briquets. I was contemplating not drinking coffee at all because I couldn't get make a cup of coffee at home that was really good.

I started looking for local coffee roasters and trying to buy the freshest beans I could find. I ended up with Third Coast Double French Roast. I don't know what the double French roast means but I know I like it. It isn't bitter and burnt like Starbucks coffee. They put the date the coffee was roasted on the bag so you know if your getting fresh beans or not. One thing that was really interesting to discover was how much the flavor profile changes from say, two day old beans to two week old beans.

I would highly recommend that you search for a local coffee roaster and buy the beans as fresh as you can get them.

Can't speak to "Bay Area, CA" local roasters, but if you want to experience quality, buy a bag from Counter Culture Coffee. Luckily for you, Sweet Maria's is close, so when we convince you to home-roast, shipping will be fast!

Can't speak to "Bay Area, CA" local roasters, but if you want to experience quality, buy a bag from Counter Culture Coffee. Luckily for you, Sweet Maria's is close, so when we convince you to home-roast, shipping will be fast!

Barefoot!
Blue Bottle!
Ritual!
Sightglass!
Four Barrel!
Ecco!

You are not without great coffee in the bay area.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will definitely check some of those out.

Don't think I haven't been eyeing my popcorn maker...

Top Bottom