What's new

B&B Radio 09.04.2017 Episode #39

Welcome to the Newest Episode of
Badger & Blade Radio

We hope you enjoy and please comment below as it is always appreciated
and continues the discussion of the topics within the show
Thank you!

Good one, thanks for taking the time to put it together.

...and thanks to Captains Choice and BullGoose for sponsoring/advertising.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
The fix was in! After teasing us that Injectors would rule, the old switch-a-roo came into place and traditional straights ended up on top. :001_tongu

But 'tis true, my honing days are done. I've already traded away my Norton 4/8k, and my LGB coti is going in the auction. I'll still keep the rest of my kit for kitchen knives.

Great way to start the day. As always thank you for the hard work Dave!

Wow! Gotta listen to that one twice!

Good one, thanks for taking the time to put it together.

...and thanks to Captains Choice and BullGoose for sponsoring/advertising.

Thanks Guys, glad you enjoyed and Thanks Chris for being a part of the SRT Team

The fix was in! After teasing us that Injectors would rule, the old switch-a-roo came into place and traditional straights ended up on top. :001_tongu

But 'tis true, my honing days are done. I've already traded away my Norton 4/8k, and my LGB coti is going in the auction. I'll still keep the rest of my kit for kitchen knives.

That's too bad Sam, but some folks are going to be very happy with those rocks.

Excellent show Dave. It was great to see the results of the Round Table, and the story at the end exemplifies the giving nature of so many folks here on B&B.

What a great looking bunch of guys there Dave. It took me until yesterday to get through the show this week, but thanks for pulling all of this together. And remember, "YMMV means that you just have not figured out how to do it like Chris L does it."

What a great looking bunch of guys there Dave. It took me until yesterday to get through the show this week, but thanks for pulling all of this together. And remember, "YMMV means that you just have not figured out how to do it like Chris L does it."
LOL, Thanks Walt it was a ton of fun, and I look forward to more SRT Discussions

Great episode. Backed it up more than once to listen to parts again. I find that some of the things said mirror my experience. Carts are painful to me as well. I never really id'd that until I heard it on the show.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Great episode. Backed it up more than once to listen to parts again. I find that some of the things said mirror my experience. Carts are painful to me as well. I never really id'd that until I heard it on the show.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Awesome episode. No surprise that straights won out, I have to respectfully disagree on carts though. ;)

Thanks for the comments Folks and @Badgerstate36 welcome to the show and that why everything here is YMMV

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Great show Dave. I'm pleasantly surprised by how well DEs scored in your comparo. A few other thoughts on the panel discussion:

- I never realized that a razor-type could affect how your whiskers grow. Super interesting. I've only used DE since I deep-sixed my cart the day my Merkur HD arrived in the mail (burning the ships and all that).

- Great discussion on shave time and numbers of passes. I've also arrived at two plus touch up as optimal for daily shaves.

- Interesting idea about using different types of razors for different passes. I've heard of guys doing that with different DEs, say aggressive OC for the first pass, medium safety bar razor for the second pass, and a nice mild job for the third. Always seemed like more trouble than it's worth to me. But maybe for something really important, like a wedding or family photo, it would be worth the hassle, if the shave is really that much better.

Great show Dave. I'm pleasantly surprised by how well DEs scored in your comparo. A few other thoughts on the panel discussion:

- I never realized that a razor-type could affect how your whiskers grow. Super interesting. I've only used DE since I deep-sixed my cart the day my Merkur HD arrived in the mail (burning the ships and all that).

- Great discussion on shave time and numbers of passes. I've also arrived at two plus touch up as optimal for daily shaves.

- Interesting idea about using different types of razors for different passes. I've heard of guys doing that with different DEs, say aggressive OC for the first pass, medium safety bar razor for the second pass, and a nice mild job for the third. Always seemed like more trouble than it's worth to me. But maybe for something really important, like a wedding or family photo, it would be worth the hassle, if the shave is really that much better.
Thanks John, Glad you enjoyed it and we were hoping it would be informative and enjoyable if nothing else, we tried to be as non-bias as we could, but as badgerstate mentioned it is and always will be YMMV with all things, but it was fun to do and we plan on more, Thanks again for your listenership

Top Bottom