What's new

B&B Essential--good enough to be one's only brush?

The B&B Essential is half the price of the rest of my brushes, but works just as well, if not better! I face lather, too BTW
It could definitely be your only brush.

The BBE currently is my second brush. The first one, and Omega Pure Badger of some sort, has been relegated to the travel team. I bowl lather and the BBE sure does pick up a lot of lather. The size just seems right for me and it creates a very quick lather for me. And its much softer feeling on my face than the Omega. I don't think you would be wasting a dime if you bought the BBE.
If nothing else, I gotta believe it'll have great re-sale possibilities if it turns out you don't favor it.

But you don't find it to be too dense? That's where I'm finding it to be a problem. Doesn't seem to pick up enough soap.

I've never had that problem. In fact, I first used the C&E BBB and found it to be much better, for me, with creams than with soaps. I could never seem to load enough soap. No such problem with the BaBE; I find the BaBE equal to or better than the C&E for creams, and much better for soaps. I'm using soaps more often now (I probably won't get back to using creams until December)

I have a BBE and a Rooney 3/1. The B&B is great. I use it exclusively for bowl lathering, mostly creams. The Rooney takes over when I face lather.

If I only bowl lathered the B&B would be enough. I sold off my C&E Best once the BBE took over the rotation.

Seems that I am all thumbs today or am just not firing on all cylinders at this moment. I just now googled "B&B Essentials Brush" and all that comes up is this very thread. Is B&B a company with a website that prospective buyers can use to look up their products? Again, I've obviously overlooked some very basic fact. Obviously, this great forum is affectionately known as B&B, but somehow, that doesn't help me. I do know at least one thing. A lot of guys do have an instinctive perception of the properties and merits of this particular brush, and it sounds like their enthusiasm is well-deserved.

Relatively new to DE shaving and using 'quality' creams now, I've tried bowl and today face lather. Not sure which to stick with. What do you use for bowl and what do you use for face lathering? Also, is one better than the other brush wise and bowl/face wise? Cheers

This is very true. You can always work with only a single brush, but I personally prefer to have at least 2, a face latherer and a bowl latherer.

How does one get on the list for buyers when the next wave is produced. I don't "need" a new brush but I cannot resist the temptation.
Steve

Seems that I am all thumbs today or am just not firing on all cylinders at this moment. I just now googled "B&B Essentials Brush" and all that comes up is this very thread. Is B&B a company with a website that prospective buyers can use to look up their products? Again, I've obviously overlooked some very basic fact. Obviously, this great forum is affectionately known as B&B, but somehow, that doesn't help me. I do know at least one thing. A lot of guys do have an instinctive perception of the properties and merits of this particular brush, and it sounds like their enthusiasm is well-deserved.

I started the thread to elicit opinions on the Badger & Brush Essential Shaving Brush (AKA the BBE). I don't know the complete history, but the folks at B&B somehow commissioned a shaving brush to be made specially for this forum. Searching the forums for "BBE" or "essential brush" led me to several threads about the item including http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=51761 which compares the regular Essential brush and the Limited Edition.

There is a sticky thread at the top of the brush forum with the title "BBE's about 1 week out" which also discusses the BBE.

The overall consensus is that it is a very good brush for a very reasonable price.

Hope that helps.

-Colorado

Top Bottom