What's new

automatic coffee maker

Hey guys,

my parents are thinking about buying one of those automatic espresso maker. I know Saeco and Jura make pretty decent machines, but that's about as much as I know about them..

any suggestions?

Thanks,

JF

well we looked at the saeco, but my mom didn't like the fact that they would have to froth the milk. My sister has a Jura which is essentially a super-automatic. They currently have a tassimo machine, but they're tired of paying for pods and using so much plastic.

my parents are thinking about buying one of those automatic espresso maker.
Have they tried what such machines produce? Personally, I wouldn't find it acceptable. However, if they're used to pods they may find it suitable to their tastes. There's a new Quickmill that seems to be getting some buzz but I haven't been paying attention as I wouldn't consider one for myself.

FYI what they're looking for is a super auto. Autos are a different class of espresso machine. If "having to froth milk" is a con then they're definitely not looking for an auto.

Last edited:
proxy.php

I've always liked these, although technically, its not an espresso machine, but a coffee maker. Its simple, easy to use, and relatively inexpensive.

Since it is made from aluminum, you need to be careful about cleaning it out with vinegar on a regular basis so the calcium doesn't build up. You also need to keep an eye on the rubber gasket that fits between the two halves, since replacements are almost impossible to find. When you do need to replace it, might as well just go out and buy a whole new pot.

The resultant drink is what matters, and I've drunk many, many cups from this device, and never grow tired of it.

Top Bottom