What's new

ATT H2 vs Timeless .95 OC

I have an ATTR1 razor which I’ve started using frequently again and find I prefer it over some of my more milder razors such as game changer and the Rockwell Due to the larger gap and more efficiency.

Just curious how it compares to the timeless. Was a little hesitant to spend that kind of money on a razor but with the new aluminum razor the price points come down to something I can mentally justify. I am also considering getting the H1 plate.

That’s interesting. I already have the top cap all I’ll need would be the baseplate. which of the handles do you have? I have the colossus which is the heaviest handle i own.

I prefer my Timeless 0.95 (SS, OC, scalloped top cap) to my ATT H1 and H2. There's much less blade chatter with the Timeless. I did, however, just acquire an ATT Windsor H1, which covers more of the blade edge and reduces chatter significantly. Though I've only used the Windsor H1 a handful of times so far (5-6), to me it's much smoother than the "classic" H1 or H2. I'm very impressed with the Windsor so far. The Windsor and the Timeless would be a much closer match, in my opinion, though I'd be hesitant to declare a winner yet.

That’s interesting. I already have the top cap all I’ll need would be the baseplate. which of the handles do you have? I have the colossus which is the heaviest handle i own.
I have a Maggard handle attached to it. I bought the H2 base and top cap during the 50% off sale(I think it was black Friday 2018). I bought the H1 plate from someone in a forum.

I prefer my Timeless 0.95 (SS, OC, scalloped top cap) to my ATT H1 and H2. There's much less blade chatter with the Timeless. I did, however, just acquire an ATT Windsor H1, which covers more of the blade edge and reduces chatter significantly. Though I've only used the Windsor H1 a handful of times so far (5-6), to me it's much smoother than the "classic" H1 or H2. I'm very impressed with the Windsor so far. The Windsor and the Timeless would be a much closer match, in my opinion, though I'd be hesitant to declare a winner yet.

I was wondering if you could humor me: Is the shave of the Windsor H1 the same as a shave with a Windsor Top Cap with the "classic" H1 baseplate? I already own a Windsor cap and ATT told me the shave with the classic base plate would be identical to the Windsor. However Im not 100% sold on that yet.

I was wondering if you could humor me: Is the shave of the Windsor H1 the same as a shave with a Windsor Top Cap with the "classic" H1 baseplate? I already own a Windsor cap and ATT told me the shave with the classic base plate would be identical to the Windsor. However Im not 100% sold on that yet.

I haven't used that combination together, but I examined the H1 Windsor and Classic base-plates side by side. The profile is the same, so I suspect that it's true (that the shave would be the same). The Windsor top cap would overhang the Classic base-plate though, at the sides, since the Windsor covers the blade tabs, and the Classic does not.

I think ATT are quality razors. The r1 plate gives me a very close and comfortable shave. I bought the open comb m2, supposedly a mild head . However, it gives the same comfortable shave but after 1 pass plus touch up, my skin Is smooth and feeling great. Superb razors.

The Timeless razors are absolutely beautiful but I the ATT razors are just as good and cost a little less.

Top Bottom