What's new

ATT blade exposure

Does anyone have measurements for the blade exposure of the ATT classic line (Atlas not Windsor) of SS razors?

I believe it is the same for all baseplates M/R/H. The gaps are listed on their website but the exposure is not.

I wouldn’t have guessed that. I have all 3 OC plates and the I can definitely feel the blade more with the H than the M or R. The M and R feel about the same though.

Windsor has less exposure than standard ATT. I found the blade exposure in my M1 problematic because between it and the clamping point, I got a lot of blade flex and chatter and that made the shaves rougher than I liked. I sold my M1 accordingly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No idea, try sending Matt @ATT an email.

Ha. Yes, I could. Figured someone might know prior to reaching out to the company, similar to your original post, prior to you emailing ATT. Additionally, it’s feasible that you may have garnered the Windsor information at the same time you received the data on the Classic/Atlas line.

No sorry was trying to compare like for like and I don't have the Windsor. Just have the classic line and wanted to compare to Karve, Nodachi Masamune etc.

What a difference between Karve F and ATT exposure-wise --
0.22 v 1.5mm

No wonder the Tatara Masamune is so much smoother than my ATT --
-0.13 v 1.5mm

No sorry was trying to compare like for like and I don't have the Windsor. Just have the classic line and wanted to compare to Karve, Nodachi Masamune etc.

0.22 v 1.5mm

-0.13 v 1.5mm
Is the Tatara exposure for the SB or OC? I’m interested in the OC, but probably not if it has negative exposure.

Is the Tatara exposure for the SB or OC? I’m interested in the OC, but probably not if it has negative exposure.

Both plates have the negative exposure (-0.13) but their new razor, the Nodachi will have positive exposure +0.08 I think (plus a larger gap 0.90).

0.22 v 1.5mm

-0.13 v 1.5mm

This is inaccurate...

ATT refers to "exposure" as blade reveal.

The classic has 1.5mm of blade sticking out from the edge of the top cap.

Windsor has 1mm, which makes it a very smoooooth razor!

The figure is direct from Matt at ATT. I don't have my ATT razors anymore so can't say how accurate it is.

I didn't mean the info is incorrect.

I'm pointing out that blade "exposure" of the Karve F is 0.22mm, not blade "reveal"...which is 1.5mm of the ATT.

It's comparing apples to oranges.

An actual blade exposure of 1.5mm would peel off skin instead of just cutting hair 😬

I didn't mean the info is incorrect.

I'm pointing out that blade "exposure" of the Karve F is 0.22mm, not blade "reveal"...which is 1.5mm of the ATT.

It's comparing apples to oranges.

An actual blade exposure of 1.5mm would peel off skin instead of just cutting hair 😬
I understand what blade exposure is, but I don't understand what "blade reveal" is. Could someone explain that for me?

As far I can tell it is the amount of blade on show seen from above, i.e. how much extends past the cap.

Pd0KgCd.jpg

This is an old image but gives a lot of the metrics.

1602421691272.png

Top Bottom