What's new

Astra AP and other brands on Aliexpress

The demand for the Gillette Platinums wasn't as high as for the Polsilver SI was back then or even now and you can still find them in stock in very large quantities, but yes they were discontinued around the same time the Polsilver SI were or at least that's what people claim. Platinums are also decent blades, but I prefer the Polsilver and I don't think many people will miss them especially if the new Platinums are the same as the old ones and just a new package.

The demand for the Gillette Platinums wasn't as high as for the Polsilver SI was back then or even now and you can still find them in stock in very large quantities, but yes they were discontinued around the same time the Polsilver SI were or at least that's what people claim. Platinums are also decent blades, but I prefer the Polsilver and I don't think many people will miss them especially if the new Platinums are the same as the old ones and just a new package.
I can't seem to find the new ones on Amazon

That's sad I only had 200 from a group buy years ago. Maybe 180 left. I like them too.
But I'm reality beside giving them away in my newbie blade PIF and with all the blades I have I should be fine. Still sad to see such a popular blade as polsilver discontinued. Crazy I'm so late to find out prices are hilarious.

Are polsilver sister brand same blade wizamet iridium supers gone too then?
I remember reading they're the same blade
And just say a listing that box says P&G 2017 on it so gillette bought them too?

Not sure about those. They were back in production a few years ago and I see a lot of them on the bay. I think I might buy 100-200 to try them out and see if they are any good.

Or maybe the Wizamet blades are old stock that were sold in Morocco and other Arabic countries and probably not many were sold and they found out that in Europe and North America people are looking after them and now they are selling them.

Actually the print on both Wizamet SI and Polsilver SI is identical and I suspect that the blades are the same since both were made in Russia and the Wizamets were probably for the Arabic market.
Wizamet on the first photo and Polsilver on the second.
If the blade really is the same then it's all about which one can be find cheaper.

unnamed.jpg
D_NQ_NP_643339-MLB31153280245_062019-O.jpg

Last edited:
Or maybe the Wizamet blades are old stock that were sold in Morocco and other Arabic countries and probably not many were sold and they found out that in Europe and North America people are looking after them and now they are selling them.
Yeah the seem legit. All his feedback for these blades is great. US seller.
Made in russia.
Kinda pricey at $50 for 250.

Is the wrap on your blades the same like the ones on my picture above? Also, from where I come from, Amazon doesn't offer free shipping on most things. Mostly people from Western Europe and North America gain the benefits from Amazon, while the rest no so much.

Where do you live?

Last time I ordered from aliexpress, the package took 3 months to arrive.

Have you tried razorbladesclub.com?

I just got the blades and i'm going to test them in a few days. According to the packaging, these blades are made in March 2020. Are the laser engraved blades still in production, because these ain't laser engraved. I'm getting an Old Type tomorrow and i'm going to try it with my last BIC blade (second shave) which i've got from my first blade sample a few years back . After that i'm going to revisit the Astra.

Actually the print on both Wizamet SI and Polsilver SI is identical and I suspect that the blades are the same since both were made in Russia and the Wizamets were probably for the Arabic market.
Wizamet on the first photo and Polsilver on the second.
If the blade really is the same then it's all about which one can be find cheaper.

View attachment 1158387View attachment 1158388
New stock
Made in March this year on date code
16013324195948558052043229908182.jpg

The wrap kinda reminds me of the Astra blades that I just got. I guess Gillette is now using that on some blades.
Yeah P&G owns them all it seems now. Still all made where they were.
My perma-sharps (gold Russians) are same thing. But say "Gillette perma-sharp" on the tucks.
All the P&G blades have the date codes too.
The Astra SS just say "Astra Superior" on the wrapper not like the SPs that say "platinum" too.

Many people still don't believe it, but since Polsilvers SI were one of the most common blade in Eastern Europe and they are gone since 2017-2018 according to lots of people from there, it's save to say that they indeed have been discontinued. The original Gillette Platinums are also gone and replaced by these. I have around 80 packs of the old Platinums and I have to test them with the new ones to see if they really are the same blade as some people claim.

View attachment 1158367View attachment 1158368
The Dark Blue Platinums are still being manufactured. They have been discontinued in Eastern European countries only, and replaced there by a different blade - the light blue Platinum on a single card. The light blue ones are specifically for the European market, so don't hold your breath, they most probably won't be available from US sellers as the dark ones.

The Dark Blue Platinums are still being manufactured. They have been discontinued in Eastern European countries only, and replaced there by a different blade - the light blue Platinum on a single card. The light blue ones are specifically for the European market, so don't hold your breath, they most probably won't be available from US sellers as the dark ones.
To my face the two Gillette Platinum blades shave identical.

To my face the two Gillette Platinum blades shave identical.
And to my heavy beard they don't. Have been using the newer ones for more than two years, and the older ones for decades. I have written it many times. They are not the same blade. The light blues are sharper, the dark blues tug a bit, especially when used with mild razors.

And to my heavy beard they don't. Have been using the newer ones for more than two years, and the older ones for decades. I have written it many times. They are not the same blade. The light blues are sharper, the dark blues tug a bit, especially when used with mild razors.
Any ideas where to get the light blue ones in the US?
I have never seen them anywhere

Top Bottom