What's new

Astra AP and other brands on Aliexpress

Some of the cheapest Platinums that I just found are these. 10 packs with 5 blades per pack means 50 blades and the guy who sells them is from Bulgaria (surprise, surprice). The shipping seems inexpensive and also, you can try to negotiate the price.

Edit. The same guy sells 100 blades - link.

What I find funny is that he also sells the ****ty BIC Astor blades and they cost a bit more than the Platinums lol.

Last edited:
Where does the new King C Gillette fall on that scale? And Nacet?
I never tried the King C Gillette but to me the Nacet is sharper but less smooth than the other two Gillette Platinum. The older ones with dark blue border (have tested the newer blue with white writing Platinum in only one razor) only work well for me in my OC's (Gillette Old Type or New SC) or the super adjustable set at 7 or higher. I used the older ones for about 5 or 6 years now and I consider them to be a top tier blade when used in the right razor.

linty1

My wallet cries.
@Medivh How did the Astra's go?

Sorry for resurrecting an old-ish thread, I was actually looking up "aliexpress" to get a feel of what ppl thought ans this came up.

@Medivh How did the Astra's go?

Sorry for resurrecting an old-ish thread, I was actually looking up "aliexpress" to get a feel of what ppl thought ans this came up.

They were legit and performed exactly the same as my old Astra SP that i've got a few years ago with my blade sample. For me, they are right in the middle between a good and bad blade in terms of sharpness and smoothness and they also didn't last very long (only 2 good shaves per blade), so I ended up selling them.

Top Bottom