What's new

As The World Turns- A Few New Handles

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I still have some wood so why not use it up, 1 acrylic ,1 Oak , 1 Curly Maple and 1 Cocobolo .
I have not been doing this turning stuff very long so just trying different styles.
One thing for sure it has cured my Vintage Razor RAD.
The first 2 are Curly Maple in the process of being made . When I look at them They can go one way up or The other way up
let me know what you guy's think.

The other 4 are almost done .
$IMG_6384.jpg$IMG_6385.jpg
This way Or this way ?

$IMG_6394.jpg$IMG_6404.jpg

The one on the left side looks better in the second position to me.

The one on the right, which is something special, looks better in the first position to me.

Nice work Steve!

Looks great either way though.

Those look really cool! You're definitely right about them being able to go either way. It's kind of hard to decide which way looks best.

Nice work Steve! I like the left handle better in the second pic. The right handle could go either way, but I think I like it just a bit better in the second pic too. I hope I'm not stepping on your toes here, but I think adding a cove on the shank of the right handle where it transistions to the beehive would take it from nice looking to splendid! It's YOUR brush though, so make it how you like it, just giving my not so professional opinion.

I'm busy making birthday & Christmas gifts but this has me wanting to make another brush! I'm really looking forward to time in the shop after the holidays.

The one on the left side looks better in the second position to me.

The one on the right, which is something special, looks better in the first position to me.

Nice work Steve!

Looks great either way though.

I vote this as well. Great job! They look really good. :thumbup:

My vote goes for the first picture. I like the orientation better. With the ribbed parts on the lower part of the handle. They both look great.

Top Bottom