What's new

Artists' Club

It’s an Nikon El Jefe, FWIW.
I trawled through previous auctions to find the one where I bid on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thank you

i just looked and no one has one for sale anywhere... i will keep looking.... again thanks.

You could post a WTB (Want to Buy) in the BST here?
I mean when things are easier in the world if you haven't found one you can hit me up, but I live in Japan, and shipping isn't cheap from here to anywhere else in the world.

You could post a WTB (Want to Buy) in the BST here?
I mean when things are easier in the world if you haven't found one you can hit me up, but I live in Japan, and shipping isn't cheap from here to anywhere else in the world.
Thanks I will check into that and when things calm down I will remember what you have said... Thanks again...

Long live the Artist's Club. Love these blades - I've used a variety of different brands / models in my AC SS and Razorock Hawk, they are fantastic. Good to see them getting some love!

Denizens of this Club may be able to inform me - what blades have the greatest exposure in the AC range? I'm currently on Feather Pro Super and would be interested to see results from using an even wider blade.
Pro Super is going to have your greatest amount of blade exposure. It is 8.2mm wide. Nothing else out there is more than 8.0mm, to my knowledge.

I’m in! Purchased a Black Hawk V2 on the BST and have really enjoyed the shave with a Schick Proline. Just purchased some Feather Pro’s and the shave was even better.

Lo and behold, I just had to have the V3 to give it a run & it will be delivered Monday. I have been using a Maggards SS handle on the V2 as it was just lacking some heft to satisfy me. Another member here on B & B sending me some guarded blades to try and am anxious to see how those perform.

I'm waiting (im)patiently for my Feather SS folding in Lime Green to turn up from Japan. I ordered it 2 days ago on ebay, which, after paying customs etc will still be cheaper than buying it in the UK

Greetings to all the new converts! Just stopped by to see how it’s been going. ATT SE1/2 with the Schick Proline is still my solution for everything.

Enjoy!

Greetings to all the new converts! Just stopped by to see how it’s been going. ATT SE1/2 with the Schick Proline is still my solution for everything.

Enjoy!
One of these days, I'd like to try the SE1 as well as the Blackland Vector. But so far the best SE razor I've used with AC blades has been the Aluminum Colonial General.

I usually shave with straights and shavettes, but if I had to switch to a safety razor, the CG is what I would use.

Cheers,

Rob

One of these days, I'd like to try the SE1 as well as the Blackland Vector. But so far the best SE razor I've used with AC blades has been the Aluminum Colonial General.

I usually shave with straights and shavettes, but if I had to switch to a safety razor, the CG is what I would use.

Cheers,

Rob
I want to get a colonial one day when I find one I can afford.

I want to get a colonial one day when I find one I can afford.
I'm right there with you. I bought my aluminum CG on the secondary market, and it wasn't that expensive. Back when they still sold the aluminum version, the head only cost about $40 (no handle). It would be nice if they would start selling it again.

I'm right there with you. I bought my aluminum CG on the secondary market, and it wasn't that expensive. Back when they still sold the aluminum version, the head only cost about $40 (no handle). It would be nice if they would start selling it again.
I've not been able to find Any CG for a good price which is why I have Never tried a CG..

I've not been able to find Any CG for a good price which is why I have Never tried a CG..
Just keep an eye on the B/S/T pages, and you never know when you might find a deal like this one.

(please forgive me for linking to another forum)

Another new AC / SE convert. I had my first excellent shave with my new Razorock Hawk V3 last night, and had a BBS shave with no nicks, cuts or irritation using Feather Pro blades. I was very impressed with it.

proxy.php

How many shaves, approximately, should one expect to have from an AC blade? I like doing the maths on a cost per blade.

I was looking at prices for the Pro blade, having paid £14 for the pack of 20 from a dedicated shave supplier. However I saw that professional barbers' suppliers had them as low as £6.50 per 20 or nearly half price, at about 40p per blade. Which seems to be pretty good.

I have just started to use an SE ac blade razor, I too would be interested to know how many shaves I could expect from the Feather professional ac blade and if there are more long lasting blades out there

With my AC Club kami using Pro blades or Schick / Kai equivalent, I get between 8-12 full head shaves. Using Pro Supers I get 6-10. Everyone's going to vary but compared with cartridges it's very cheap indeed. Compared with DE blades it's probably a fair bit more expensive but IMO well worth it. We're talking around 3-7 pence a shave.

I have just started to use an SE ac blade razor, I too would be interested to know how many shaves I could expect from the Feather professional ac blade and if there are more long lasting blades out there
I have gotten the best blade life from the Kai Captain Standard blade (15+), with a close 2nd place going to the Feather Pro Super (12-15). I only recently started using Schick Prolines (5 shaves so far), so I will need more time to see how they compare.

If you are using guarded blades, I have gotten 15+ shaves from the Kai Protouch blades.

While I like the feel of the Kai milds, I get inconsistent results in terms of blade life. 8-12 is an estimate.

Keep in mind that I remove, dry, towel strop, and air out my blades (overnight) after each use.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom