What's new

Artists' Club

Pretty sure my next razor will be that Blackland AC SE unless the General V2 makes major changes in the right direction. Also holding off until there are pics of the Blackland handle.

After reading the reports from @GlazedBoker I too am now wowed out by the Claymore v2.
You know I like aggressive razors and this has a lot of blade feel and weighs in at 135g.

I definitely prefer the Claymore v2 to the Cobra, Rx, El Jefe and ATT SE1/2.
I generally find the AC blades best in shavettes but for AC safety razors the Claymore v2 wears the crown.

And man it’s not ugly, it’s Art Deco like something from Metropolis:
A1A936EC-0354-402A-8D3D-6AD8F3EEA279.jpeg

OK, well, Marcus . . . it's a matter of taste. I can see how someone, somewhere might call that attractive . . . looks like it might have more blade exposure and less blade gap than an SE2 . . . does that sound right?

OK, well, Marcus . . . it's a matter of taste. I can see how someone, somewhere might call that attractive . . . looks like it might have more blade exposure and less blade gap than an SE2 . . . does that sound right?
Ha ha - I think it looks gorgeous :)

And yes big blade exposure which gives it a blade feel a bit like the R41 - definitely smoother and less bitey then the SE2 so probably smaller gap as you say.

The Claymore v2 is now discontinued in favour of the v3.
All three versions of the Claymore look radically different from each other.

The v1 looked generic and was mild and well behaved.
The v3 looks more like the iKon but I haven’t read any shave reports or comparisons with the v2.

Definitely though this Claymore v2 is just how I want an AC SE to be.

Ha ha - I think it looks gorgeous :)

And yes big blade exposure which gives it a blade feel a bit like the R41 - definitely smoother and less bitey then the SE2 so probably smaller gap as you say.

The Claymore v2 is now discontinued in favour of the v3.
All three versions of the Claymore look radically different from each other.

The v1 looked generic and was mild and well behaved.
The v3 looks more like the iKon but I haven’t read any shave reports or comparisons with the v2.

Definitely though this Claymore v2 is just how I want an AC SE to be.

I love the Claymore V2, and for me it is better than the ATT and Razorock SEs.

Disappointed that they have changed the design.

Came back to the Kai Captain with a Pro Super this morning and it’s about as good as a shave can get!
I love the balance and manouverability of the Captain.
And I think it has smaller blade exposure than the Feather DX so the Pro Super is perfect for it.
D3E81669-4F12-441F-82E0-A3707224790C.jpeg

Had a shave with the ATT SE1 with bamboo handle from Razorock and schick proline on its second shave. The combination is incredibly smooth and efficient. The razor head has substantial weight and the lighter bamboo handle of Razorock does a great job of making it balanced and head heavy to let the razor head weight do the job. I love the Shick proline blades in this razor..

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

I’ve been head shaving using the Claymore v2 with a Schick Proline blade this week (as part of my works Halloween look!).
The Proline blade is a phenomenal performer - it’s up to 18 shaves now.

Has anyone tried the Feather Supers in the Claymore v2?
I used one for my first head shave and it really bit so I swapped to the Proline.

I’ve been head shaving using the Claymore v2 with a Schick Proline blade this week (as part of my works Halloween look!).
The Proline blade is a phenomenal performer - it’s up to 18 shaves now.

I used one for my first head shave and it really bit so I swapped to the Proline.
I only use Proline AC blades face and head shaves, best there is!

Yes, I tried the Feather Super in the Claymore V2 this week. And it works for me, it is a bit more aggressive than the Feather Professional but no hughe difference. I actually wanted to try them in my V1 but unfortunately they don't fit in!

I also ordered some Schick Proline as suggested by @rabidus but the first try wasn't that great. For me the Feathers cut more closely. But I have 30 of them so I will give them another try some day. But it's the same problem as with the Feather Super, they don't fit into my V1!

Yes, I tried the Feather Super in the Claymore V2 this week. And it works for me, it is a bit more aggressive than the Feather Professional but no hughe difference. I actually wanted to try them in my V1 but unfortunately they don't fit in!

I also ordered some Schick Proline as suggested by @rabidus but the first try wasn't that great. For me the Feathers cut more closely. But I have 30 of them so I will give them another try some day. But it's the same problem as with the Feather Super, they don't fit into my V1!
Thanks for the reply.
Interesting... and I’ll come back to the Pro Super in the Claymore v2 for sure.

Interesting, I have not purchased a SS as I do not think I will use it. But maybe I will get this one and if I like it get the one made by Feather. My hesitation is that I do not like how Chinese companies ignore intellectual property in general. If this design had been patented in US three years before its first release I think it would still have protection now. Unlike the "Minghsi" Merkur Futur clone that was first released decades earlier and no longer protected (in theory).

Edit: This photo does not look quite right. I have never seen such a squared off AC blade before, and most have an extra small hole. So maybe this image is photo-shopped or they are using a different blade.
proxy.php

Last edited:
I couldn't wait... ordered one, too!
Thanks for the heads up @mjclark. I ordered one also, even with my second thoughts about them copying Feather.
I noticed the number of sold razors ticking up slightly over the past few days so the word is getting out. I ordered the "rosewood" did anyone order the "ebony"?

Top Bottom