What's new

Art of Shaving Lavender vs. Castle Forbes Lavender

I'm in full blown SSAD and SCAD mode right now. I already have a tub of the CF but have heard good things about AOS. I love their Sandalwood and suspect their Lavender is pretty good but wanted to see what you folks think.

Also, I'm wondering what you might think of Stirling Lime vs. Castle Forbes Lime. I realize one is a soap and one is a cream but CF is a pretty hard cream, almost a croap if not a croap. But with both receiving high marks, I'm looking for further commentary on these two as well. FWIW I already have a sample of Stirling Lime but haven't used it yet.

It doesn't really matter that I'll probably end up with tubs of all of the ones I don't have yet.

I can't really help you with the two that you mention, but I can help with the AD.
Have you also considered B&M Reserve Lavender? It's amazing.

I can't really help you with the two that you mention, but I can help with the AD.
Have you also considered B&M Reserve Lavender? It's amazing.

Hmmmm. Simpsons Lavender & Vetiver and B & M. I already hopefully have some B & M Latha Taiga on its way to me. I'm sure the B & M is good. I've never tried any Simpson's shaving software. I knew the list would grow. It always does. :a52:

if you have a nearby AOS shop, you could stop there and ask to sample their lavender.
It's really nice, similar good lather to their other creams.

Hmmmm. Simpsons Lavender & Vetiver and B & M. I already hopefully have some B & M Latha Taiga on its way to me. I'm sure the B & M is good. I've never tried any Simpson's shaving software. I knew the list would grow. It always does. :a52:

I picked up the Taiga not too long ago. It's so perfect for winter time, IMO. I like it with Captain's Choice "North" AS.

Actually, the Latha line of Lavender is pretty good, IMO. Not quite the depth of the Reserve line, and obviously not the same amazing soap base, but still really nice.

I picked up the Taiga not too long ago. It's so perfect for winter time, IMO. I like it with Captain's Choice "North" AS.

Actually, the Latha line of Lavender is pretty good, IMO. Not quite the depth of the Reserve line, and obviously not the same amazing soap base, but still really nice.

I'm looking to get my hands on some Stirling Coniferous too as a comparison to the Taiga. Man this SSAD is just killing me. Happens every year around this time.

If you want a really good performing cream with lavender scent, try the T&H Ultimate Comfort. It has a slight hint of lavender to it, but really out performs both the AOS and CF.

Earlier this year a neighbor went to a local lavender farm to pick some lavender. When I visited later that afternoon her kitchen smelled exactly like she just shaved with CF. The CF lavender fragrance is spot on, and the performance is as good as it gets, imo. I haven't tried the AoS lavender, but each of their other creams is top-notch, imo.

I have both and love both. AOS lavender is a softer cream with a milder lavender scent. A great true lavender scent due to the essential oil but weaker than CF. It performs great but I still give the edge to CF in scent and performance. Still a big fan of AOS creams though as I have all their scents!

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
If you want a really good performing cream with lavender scent, try the T&H Ultimate Comfort. It has a slight hint of lavender to it, but really out performs both the AOS and CF.

Well, very slight hint maybe. But I agree it's wonderful cream. For me it's not quite as good as the CF, but it's an excellent product.

You might have to add Simpsons lavender and vetiver to that list too.
Good stuff.

+1 on Simpsons, although I've not tried AoS or Castle Forbes I don't see how they could really be much better than the Simpsons Cream. FWIW, I'm sure that you would be happy with most of the 'top shelf' lavenders, which would include T&H as well as Trumpers and probably TOBS.

I haven't tried AoS Lavender, though their other creams that I've used are excellent performers. I'd rate AoS and CF as pretty equal in performance, and the scent of CF Lavender is identical to the lavender essential oil I use. Barrister Reserve Lavender is a step above both in performance IMO, and is worth grabbing a sample of.

Top Bottom