What's new

arrrr... only threee days till...

Ahoy mates! Shiver me timbers, why are we yammering on like pirates? Or is it Popeye the sailor? Talk like a pirate day? Arrr! Matey, speak on.

ARRRRRRRR!!!!

proxy.php

I'm happy to add my "arrrrrr's" though I have often thought that the romanticisation of the "classical" age of piracy to be an interesting example of how time (and Hollywood) can filter history. Many of the pirates from this era were thieving murderous psychopaths who could disembowel innocent men (and on occasion, women and children) without a second thought. It seems an odd culture to celebrate.
To Godwin myself, if things are continue in this trend, perhaps in about 250 years time there will be a Talk like a Nazi Day and children will be dressing up in little SS uniforms (come on down Hugo Boss) and goose-stepping around the streets at Halloween.

I'm happy to add my "arrrrrr's" though I have often thought that the romanticisation of the "classical" age of piracy to be an interesting example of how time (and Hollywood) can filter history. Many of the pirates from this era were thieving murderous psychopaths who could disembowel innocent men (and on occasion, women and children) without a second thought. It seems an odd culture to celebrate.
To Godwin myself, if things are continue in this trend, perhaps in about 250 years time there will be a Talk like a Nazi Day and children will be dressing up in little SS uniforms (come on down Hugo Boss) and goose-stepping around the streets at Halloween.

Look what they did to my cat!!! :eek:

View attachment 123936

I don't think we're romanticizing pirates here... just goofing around

Top Bottom