What's new

Amazing ARKO!

You can lead a man to Arko, but you can't make him use it. <eg>
Well said, Phoenixkh!

As an obvious adaptation of an old cowboy axiom, I’d like to quote the original, as I’m an old cowboy:
“You can lead a horse to water,
but you can’t keep him from pissing in it”. And I think that might be where ARKO! gets the water to make their soap.

Curly Out…..of ARKO! Thankfully.

C'mon guys, humor aside, let's be realistic here. Do you know how much this stuff costs in Turkey? What would you expect for your hard earned 50 cents? For up to a dollar a stick, you are getting a good value, classical, tallow-based shaving soap. Actually, for a dollar a stick, Arko is probably the best soap out there. Anything above that price is unreasonable.

I remember reading about this stuff years ago but am a snob and stuck to English and Italian products, by and large. Then one day, I took a flyer on a stick but didn't really dig stick application so ground it up into a ramekin. LOVED IT - performance and fragrance. Just wow! I recently replaced what was left of the grated stick in a bowl with the puck in the jar and love it even more. Having about 14-15 other products to use, some of which are those snobby British creams, I don't use it as often as I could but I am definitely an Arko fanboy. Love it.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Charlie, you need a shave....

db4a0b3367226deb80c902f94e7e4338.jpg

I don't think it's Arko he's sniffing
Mike M,

I distinctly remember the first time I sniffed ARKO!!! I just didn’t know it was ARKO!!! until recently. But the nose never forgets.

Got into a fight in a college bar bathroom back in the 80’s. Was knocked face down into the urinal.

Though the bathroom reeked of (now I realize) the unique ARKO!!! scent, it was the proximity to source of ARKO!!! scent, the urinal puck, that got me back on my feet.

Immediately, I might add.

Bouncing to my feet from the urinal, the “gentleman” that put me there then cracked two of my ribs and broke my nose. Best thing that could have happened. I couldn’t smell anything. And I couldn’t breathe. Ducking a left, I threw the gent using a rolling hiplock straight into the urinal puck and sprang for the door. I’m a firm believer in “a good run, is better than a bad stand” and since my olfactory senses were effectively blocked, I came to my senses and “Curly left the building”.

It took eight weeks for the ribs to heal, but my nose never recovered from the scent of ARKO!!!

Now, I have to wonder, “What happened to the other gent?” Since he obviously won the fight, has he become a social influencer for ARKO!!! on some wet shaving thread? It was an Illinois college and could have been some “farmer” that “tanned” my hide. 😂

Curly Out

Amazing ARKO!!!

I finally broke down under the pressure of @FarmerTan and @Alum Ladd and bought a tub of ARKO!!! Soap in a Bowl. I’ve discovered it’s truly unbelievable!

During a recent family gathering, I was explaining the benefits of wet shaving and whipped up an ARKO! lather. All my in-laws left.

I didn’t need to shave at the time, so I dumped the ARKO! lather on one of the anthills in our yard, and they all died.

The brush I used was a “shedder”, but afterwards the knot dissolved. Not shed and fell out, it disappeared completely leaving only the handle. I’m now hoping Rudy Vey can re-knot it before the handle dissolves.

The shave mug I used was a vintage Old Spice, it’s clean now (I guess), the ship sailed right off the outside.

Seeing the wondrous effects of ARKO! I took a plug off the soap placing it in our outdoor gazebo commonly plagued with mosquitos. 24 hours later, the mosquitoes put up a sign, “Enter at Your Own Risk!”

Left the remaining tub in the “Shave Den”, (which my lovely bride still calls the upstairs bathroom). After 24 hours, she moved all of her girl stuff to the downstairs bathroom. Win/Win!

For those of you “disconcerted” by the less-than-complimentary descriptions of ARKO!, be advised: it’s an unbelievable product! In just the past three days it’s:
  • Removed road asphalt from my truck
  • Cleaned out a plumbing clog (which Mr. Plumber failed to do after four attempts)
  • Removed the hard water stains from our toilet, and
  • Forced the neighbors downwind of us, (whom we do not like), to put their house up for sale!
I’ll never underestimate the value of ARKO! again. It’s truly a miracle multitasker. I believe in it so completely now that I took the remainder of the tub to our barn. The rats and mice moved out and I haven’t seen a pigeon in three days. But I have noticed an increase in the turkey vultures.

Long Live ARKO!

Curly Out…..Of ARKO. No PIF’s of ARKO! to me please.

P.S. ARKO! also cleaned the toilet out right down to the tile flooring. I guess I left it in there too long. Had to buy a new toilet. And new tile. Note to self, flush ARKO! fast before you discover the deleterious effects.

Curly Out
Send me your address. Walmart has an Arko bulk buy going on.

When the heck did the 12 pack reach $20? Dang inflation. Glad I have 2+ boxes.
I just picked up some from Connaught Shaving in the U.K. for on British Pound ($1.15 U.S.) each as part of a larger 60 pound order. Free air mail shipping for orders above 60 pounds. If you have a need for other soaps or equipment its one of the best prices around. Details in a recent post in Shopping Deals.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Mike M,

I distinctly remember the first time I sniffed ARKO!!! I just didn’t know it was ARKO!!! until recently. But the nose never forgets.

Got into a fight in a college bar bathroom back in the 80’s. Was knocked face down into the urinal.

Though the bathroom reeked of (now I realize) the unique ARKO!!! scent, it was the proximity to source of ARKO!!! scent, the urinal puck, that got me back on my feet.

Immediately, I might add.

Bouncing to my feet from the urinal, the “gentleman” that put me there then cracked two of my ribs and broke my nose. Best thing that could have happened. I couldn’t smell anything. And I couldn’t breathe. Ducking a left, I threw the gent using a rolling hiplock straight into the urinal puck and sprang for the door. I’m a firm believer in “a good run, is better than a bad stand” and since my olfactory senses were effectively blocked, I came to my senses and “Curly left the building”.

It took eight weeks for the ribs to heal, but my nose never recovered from the scent of ARKO!!!

Now, I have to wonder, “What happened to the other gent?” Since he obviously won the fight, has he become a social influencer for ARKO!!! on some wet shaving thread? It was an Illinois college and could have been some “farmer” that “tanned” my hide. 😂

Curly Out
How did I miss this?!

Couldn't have been me, as my rowdyism was limited to Michigan in the 80's!

Sorry that happened my friend! But the olfactory nerve damage you received at the hands of that ruffian might explain yer reticence to fully embrace the loveliness of Arko!

Top Bottom