What's new

Arko August 2022

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
199A310C-8407-4D0A-98B9-127D8E97FFF8.jpeg

Arko August Shave number thirty one today. Final day of Arko August for 2022. Another great month of Arko shaves. It is a really good soap but I do prefer it grated than rubbed on my face.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Last shave for ARKO-Boarko-Loko August 2022.

Revisor 6-0035 6/8 (really 7/8) Dutch (round) point full-hollow straight razor dressed in Bocote timber scales, ARKO stick face lathered with my well broken-in Proraso Pro boar brush for a lovely DFS+ result.

20220831.JPG
I'm really looking forward to a change in bush and soap tomorrow morning. I might even take my Oxor shavette for a drive.

ARKO-Boarko Report, Day 31

PXL_20220831_142816049.jpg

Hey Guys
I wanted to highlight the real stars of the show this month.

Arko Man (on the left) is the real star. The man (on the right) is his twin brother and does the photo ops. They both use Arko daily.
The photo ops brother said "Wow!, this stuff is really great. I feel more refreshed and look even more handsome than ever. I attribute this to Arko." He also made reference to the remarkably handsome @FarmerTan , one of his heroes.
Mr. Arko himself reported he has been doing this since the 1950's. He attributes his vitality and longevity to using Arko on a daily basis. In todays photo he was wearing makeup for a role in an upcoming movie thriller. He said the special effects lady had to use a lot of Hollywood tricks to get his face ready for his next scene. The twin brother said he never has to use anything extra, except Arko.

Both men are currently in contract negotiations for next year's sequel "Arko August 2023, The Prologue".

Thanks guys for all the fun and interactions. @FarmerTan keep us updated on your recovery! Best wishes to @Mike M .
Thanks again Brandon-see you tomorrow in GRUME.

John

August 31

Razor: Gillette Super Speed (1962)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum
Brush: Omega 80080 beehive boar
Soap: ARKO
A/S: DIY lemon witch hazel, Proraso Green splash & balm

DFS+

I'm not really a regular ARKO user, but it's been fun to try it out this month. Usually, I mixed ARKO with other soaps to get some synergistic effects. That worked generally pretty well. By itself, while ARKO is a competent shaving soap, it's not a favorite. The post-shave dry skin bothers me a bit, so I used some balm. The scent is passable, but just OK.

Thanks for an enjoyable experiment.

Well, okay, one more shave in Arko August to close it out...

SOTD
  • Rockwell 6S/R5
  • Nacet (29?)
  • No-name deer-horn mystery badger
  • ARKO! - SOTM and Arko August
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling South Padre ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS
Another easy Arko shave.

One thing I really like about Arko is that the lather is so easy to build. When I am short on time, I tend to rush making the lather - I mean, if I'm running late, I have to cut time somewhere, right?

With some soaps, that means a disappearing lather, or a lack of protection in some sense (glide and/or cushion), or both. Inevitably, I'll get some nicks. Nothing major, no true bloodletting, but enough "spotting" and irritation to let me know that yes, I did skimp on the prep.

With Arko, though, I can use too much water, build a foamy coating, slop it on and go at it. Today, I did just that and got one "spot" during the first pass, but it was gone during the second pass. What's not to like love about a soap that covers up your sins?

Anyway, the result was Arko-riffically wonderful, as usual, and SWMBO-approved to boot. Thank goodness I have a spare stick hanging around...

Onward!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I used Arko all August as well, I just didn't shave much.... AND I am pretty sure I have Covid again. I'm about to test, yes!!! I love picking my nose with long q tips!

And what a lousy month to have Covid?! I don't get to enjoy the subtle characteristics of the scent of Arko!
Test turned out negative! I still feel like I was hit by a subcompact car though. Much better than Monday, when I was sure it was a Ford F-250! I probably just had an exposure to the bug again and my immune response kicked in. Hope to sit in the sun today, maybe cut my hair, do a final shave with Arko for August.....

Actually, my hair is long enough to make a shaving brush out of! Shoot, I may just start a business up!

Test turned out negative! I still feel like I was hit by a subcompact car though. Much better than Monday, when I was sure it was a Ford F-250! I probably just had an exposure to the bug again and my immune response kicked in. Hope to sit in the sun today, maybe cut my hair, do a final shave with Arko for August.....

Actually, my hair is long enough to make a shaving brush out of! Shoot, I may just start a business up!
Good news! I hope you are on the mend!

Eric_75

Not made for these times.

Glad to hear, sir!

Top Bottom