What's new

“Aristocratic “ Titanium Handle

While waiting for my Karve OC head to arrive ,I've machined a custom handle for it .
Made of Titanium ( ASTM grade 2 ) and press-fit brass inserts.
84 mm long and 48 grams weight .

Beautiful job on the knurling. I like the apparent grippiness at top and bottom too. May I ask the maximum diameter?

Is that handle anodized?
No,it is not .
It was heated to almost 400 C though ,so to install the two brass ends.
Only the middle part of that handle is made of Titanium.
The top threaded /head coupling part as also
the bottom counterbalancing weight are made of brass .
I'm not fond of threaded Titanium parts .

Last edited:
No,it is not .
It was heated to almost 400 C though ,so to install the two brass ends.
So it has a titanium center and brass ends then? Was wondering how you got the coloration, including the knurling which looks brass also from the pics...on my screen anyway...

So it has a titanium center and brass ends then? Was wondering how you got the coloration, including the knurling which looks brass also from the pics...on my screen anyway...
Hadn't t adjusted the white balance of my camera ....

It was longer & heavier when it was made .
100mm long / 58 grams .
But then I've shortened it a bit ,as I found it too long for my preference.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Feel like ripping my hair out! According to tracking, mine's been stuck in customs for more than a week ...

Funny. I've had two Vostok's come from Roosia with *no* problems or holdups ...

AA

Feel like ripping my hair out! According to tracking, mine's been stuck in customs for more than a week ...

Funny. I've had two Vostok's come from Roosia with *no* problems or holdups ...

AA

Tracking... curse :(:mad::confused: or blessing? :001_tt1::302::)

We can wait for pictures, as long as you post them within ten minutes of getting the package.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Tracking... curse :(:mad::confused: or blessing? :001_tt1::302::)

We can wait for pictures, as long as you post them within ten minutes of getting the package.

Finally! My titanium Evgeny handle is here. It lingered in New York, and was returned to Russia, due to some horrible problem. So it crossed the ocean twice.

Pictures tomorrow! But in a sense, they're up now. It's the same as les24's, but with a hollow base and stand. It look gorgeous and feels perfect!

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
They could get a bit addictive....

A titanium handle makes such a difference - the weight is perfect (mine is 53g) and allows for a wider handle, like 15-16mm which is nice to grip. I also like the balance with a titanium handle - it allows more weight to be shifted towards the head, which I find a lot more manoeuvrable.

It is exactly this. Weight to me is critical and the wasp waist and feel of the grooves is perfect.

Outdoorsmen refer to titanium as "God's Metal," and I admit I feel the same.

AA

8.jpg

It's a great handle - the "wasp waist" one. Mine has migrated onto a Timeless Bronze OC .78. I find the stock handle too heavy at 85g. So much more manoeuvrability, balance and fine control with the 53g handle. Rather a Gothic look with the lines in the top cap.

Timeless+Ti3.jpg

Top Bottom