What's new

Aristocrat Jr. question ??

Okay guys,

I know that this question is limited to probably a smaller number of our membership who may have this razor. It doesn't seem that easy to come by. For those with experience, what have you found to be the best blades for this razor? I've mainly been trying NOS blades. I guess I'm really asking about current production blades. I have mainly NOS blades. I do have Gillette Yellows and Personna Meds. Any other suggestions?

I do not have a lot of shaves with my A.Jr., but the handful that I have had were with Feathers.

I would just try what ever your have had good luck with in the past.

I like Personna Labs in mine -- of course, I like Labs in darn near anything. I would put the Aristo Jr. on the moderately aggressive side of the scale, especially for a guard-bar TTO, so you'll probably want to lean more towards blades that you find to be smooth for you since any harshness is going to be magnified compared to, say, a standard Super Speed.

I like Personna Labs in mine -- of course, I like Labs in darn near anything. I would put the Aristo Jr. on the moderately aggressive side of the scale, especially for a guard-bar TTO, so you'll probably want to lean more towards blades that you find to be smooth for you since any harshness is going to be magnified compared to, say, a standard Super Speed.

Smooth blades do seem to make sense. It's a great razor but it's not forgiving. You would think it would be because it looks like a 40's Superspeed but you have to mind your manners with this razor.

Top Bottom