What's new

Are You a Parker Varient User?

Just received an email about the Parker Varient Adjustable razor, but there seems to be very few reviews on this rascal. Are any of you crazy kids using this and willing to share your experience with said razor. I don't currently own an adjustable, but I'm willing to try and cut my face to pieces with one.

Google "Parker Variant Reviews" tons of them out there, even got a bunch on youtube. The most respected and notable one is on Sharpologist. In a nutshell, they compare it with the Merkur Progress and have some good tings to say about it. Of course, we would ALL enjoy you cutting your face to pieces and telling us about it. ;-)

The reviews I have read rate it highly. That said, they also point out that Parker quality has been inconsistent in the past.

I would be interested in members who have had personal experience with it.

Hi,

I read the title and thought this was in the wrong forum. To me, Parker is a maker of pens.... :p

Stan

It's my best and favorite razor. I bought one for myself for Christmas and aside from a couple of shaves with a Mach 3 because a I was in a hurry, I haven't used anything else since. It's very well built, excellent fit and finish. For me the length and weight are perfect, it's on the large size. It's also very fairly priced.

So far it works well with every blade I've used with it (Feather, Astra SP, Israeli Personna Reds and GSB). It can be as mild or aggressive as you need it to be. Honestly I couldn't be happier.

Mantic59 and Geofatboy both have reviews on their websites.

I like adjustable razors to start with. This is one of my favorites. It takes what is good with the Merkur Progress and improves it from there. The adjustment knob is metal instead of plastic and the grip is sure top to bottom even when coated with soap. I've heard about some QC issues, but my experience with Parker has been just fine. I would suggest before loading with a blade, remove the top cap and press firmly on the spring loaded base plate to make sure that is level. When I first loaded my blade it wasn't, but that simple trick fixed it completely. I've found I get great shaves at lower levels on this. The audible feedback is not as loud as a Progress, but still present. I would recommend it to anybody.

I have been using a Variant since Parker released them. Might pick up a satin too. I love it. Really smooth close shaves. I actually prefer it to my Mergress by quite a margin. I have and shave with a Wolfman SB, Timeless & Blackbird. All great razors but I prefer the Variant in all its brass and pot metal. Great razor. Works well with a sharp Voskhod or Super Iridium.

$IMG_0179.jpg

I've been interested in the Variant for awhile now but I guess I just wanted to read and watch more reviews on it. Can anyone direct me where I can order the black handle version? Or is this sold out at the moment? Thanks!

I own flairtip and fatboy already. But like in most circumstances, gotta try it to find out.

This is an interesting razor but, it also costs what a pretty good Gillette would cost with some patience on Ebay.

Is it better or the same as a Gillette?

Top Bottom