What's new

Are there better handles available for the Gillette Guard?

Not that I need a new razor :tongue_sm or an extra stash of cartridges, for that matter ... but I have wondered about it for some time already; the drawback of the Gillette Guard, apart from it not being distributed to Europe and the USA, is the flimsy looking plastic handle.

Did anyone already produce a better quality / heavier handle? Or is this a "chicken and egg" dilemma, where it won't happen before the Guard cartridges are more widely available? (don't see that happening really)

With the market it is targeted at, I can never see a deluxe or executive edition. The upgrade pattern is Vector, Vector3, Mach3 and Fusion :blushing:...

I'm certain I remember reading somewhere about someone modifying the handle to add weight to it. But beyond that I think you are out of luck.

Been searching and asking that question for almost a year now ever since I got my Guard. Finally I decided to do something on my own. Short answer is that no current fancy handle is compatible with the blade cartridge, but I added some weight and made the grip better.

Modifying the Gillette Guard

Have fun. It is an easy mod and the razor comes out feeling like a regular razor, but still looking like a Guard.

Been searching and asking that question for almost a year now ever since I got my Guard. Finally I decided to do something on my own. Short answer is that no current fancy handle is compatible with the blade cartridge, but I added some weight and made the grip better.

Modifying the Gillette Guard

Have fun. It is an easy mod and the razor comes out feeling like a regular razor, but still looking like a Guard.
Les, is there anything you can't do?

Top Bottom