What's new

Are there any headphone enthusiasts here?

Nothing expensive, a pair of Teufel Aureol overears and a Marshall Major II for work.

I‘m currently looking into these

Ex-AKG guys and built locally 15min from my doorstep, but the shop is closed due to lockdown :(
Those hi-x55 have impedance of only 25 ohms. Should be super easy to drive even by a smarphone. The top hifi enthusiasts with the huge amps would frown though.

Those hi-x55 have impedance of only 25 ohms. Should be super easy to drive even by a smarphone. The top hifi enthusiasts with the huge amps would frown though.
I know and as I don't use an amp...
I only listen casually anyway, my home setup is a Marshall Stanmore II and Spotify :c7:
At least I don't have to worry about the kid.

Monoprice and Taskstar are my favorite brands. My go-to headphones are the Monoprice 8323's, modified with velour earpads. For earphones, I like Panasonic Ergofits just because they are so comfortable. Koss KCS75's are also outstanding (I modified mine to be on-ears with a band).

The dirty secret of headphones is that, once you equalize them, they mostly all sound relatively similar. But, if I were doing real pro work, I'd probably buy Beyerdynamic or Sennheiser. But I'm doing casual listening and gaming, mostly, and a less detailed headphone works just fine for that.

I use earphones, not headphones. So i may be off topic, in that case i apologize in advance.

--> Shure se215 (blue) + Sony Walkman nw-a25 (black)

Wired version only. No non-natural bluetooth waves & no non-natural GSM waves, because my Walkman is made for music only.

SE215Bl-large.jpg

dsc07827.jpg

I use a set of Sony 7506 Studio Monitor headphones. I got a pair when I did a lot of video editing at work, on the advice of one of our sound recordists. I liked them so much I got a pair for home. Eventually the ear pads deteriorated. Fortunately they sell nice replacement pads so I put some on and it's like having a new set of cans. They cost less than a lot of the high end phones.

I bought Sony WH-1000XM3 last Christmas. Excellent sound quality and super comfortable. I sleep with them on most nights. I'll select one or more ambient sound tracks from youtube and it's lights out.

I like over the ear headphones. I love listening to music with them on

Been looking into the sennheiser brand. I might get some of those.

For yardwork, or when I'm doing projects in the garage. I use the 3m worktunes. They're pretty good but I wish they had more bass.

Top Bottom