What's new

Aramis Havana....very unique

How do these compare with Mugler's Pure Havane ?

I have not tried Pure Havane. From what I am told....Pure Havane is pretty sweet (almost in a gourmand like way). Red Montana and Havana are not.

I'll compare Aramis Havana, Mugler's Pure Havane and Czech & Speake Cuba this way. The dry, unsmoked tobacco leaf and hint of mint and booze in Aramis Havana makes think of sitting in an upscale cigar bar in Miami with a Mojito. The slightly darker, earthier C&S Cuba makes me think of sitting in an old nightclub in Havana with the same Mojito. Thierry Mugler Pure Havane, to me, is very different from the other two, as I notice the vanilla as the predominant note, blended in with cocoa and to a lesser extent, dry tobacco.

Of course, these are just my impressions, and YMMV. And I've never actually sat in a cigar bar in Miami, or a nightclub in Havana, although listening to Ry Cooder's Buena Vista Social Club made me want to go there.

Hey, jakespoppy, I already respected your knowledge of fragrances, but that mention of Ry Cooder leaves no doubt about your "cool guy" status!!!

This made me chuckle, but thanks! I believe the number of people who think I'm cool has now officially climbed to......um, one.

I first became aware of Ry Cooder when I just had to know who made the soundtrack to the movie "Southern Comfort". I searched and searched, only to find out a soundtrack for the movie was never released, but I did learn that Ry Cooder was the artist, and then enjoyed learning more about him and his music, and about his involvement with other artists, including sitting in with the Rolling Stones, and of course the controversy of who really came up with the signature riff to "Honky Tonk Women" was fascinating to me.

Top Bottom