What's new

Anyone using just one brand of blade?

I was curious if anyone here just uses one type of blade and only that type in all of their razors? I assume some like the variety and switching it up. I was that way and I have accumulated so many sample packs of blades. I have a hard time deciding which blade I like best.

Is anyone using one brand exclusively?

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I am only using Feathers these days. I still have a few other brands laying in a drawer, but don't use them.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I'm a Red Personna user at 99%. They are my all-time favourite blades and use them almost always in all my razors.

Those are my back up blades now. I like them a lot and wish I had bought a thousand when I bought my first 200 for 10 cents each.

I have been using Med Preps exclusively, but was curious what others were doing. I'm thinking of switching it up. I have not tried the Red Personnas. Maybe I'll give them a go.

I use several brands of blades but I could easily use nothing but feathers once I use up the rest. But that would take me around 4years.

I have been using sharks for the past year or so. I am using a derby this week. I am thinking of alternating between sharks and debys every other week for a while.

My first DE shave, this past May, was with a Feather Blade and a EJ DE89bl. I had a lot of razor burn so, after reading some posts, I tried Derby Blades which I thought were fine. After shaving with five Derbys, I tried one Wilkinson Sword Blade before giving Astra SPs a go. I've gone through about 25 Astra SPs - with my favorite razor, a 1956 Gillette Blue Tip - and I'm really happy with the Astras. I just ordered my first 100 count package of Astra SPs but, I still want to experiment with other brands.

I'm new to DE wet shaving and I bought 2-10 packs of Wilkinson Swords at Wal-mart for $1.78 a pack. Under $0.18 a blade and a decent shave is reason enough to stick with one brand, but I am anxious to order a nice sample pack and some Feathers.

Switching all the time! If I had a good enough supply of some NOS SS brands- that would be all I would use, but new blades- I like to use different blades in different razors.

I've been using Astra SP blades almost exclusively lately. I'm not settling with them forever, though.

I've used a total of 2 different types of blades since moving to DE Shaving. After using the two Merkur blades that came with my razor I switched to Wilkenson blades and have not tried any others. They work and I've not had any reason to try other blades, well except pure curiosity which has yet to get the best of me.

Top Bottom