What's new

Anyone try this Cream yet? Oneblade Blacktie Shaving Cream

E7B60647-20ED-44FC-98F6-EFF62D235619.jpeg
Hi,

Has anyone tried this new Shaving Cream yet?. Haven’t seen any reviews online.

I really like Lavender Creams, pricey at 20 pounds Sterling/ about 26/27 Dollars US from Executive Shaving in Scotland.

Product details:
  • Superior formula packed with natural butters, rich essential oils, and skin-friendly antioxidants
  • Soft cream style for easy rich lathering - can be used brushless or with a shaving brush
  • Key ingredients include Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, Lavender, Geranium, and Sweet Almond essential oil
  • Sulfate free - Paraben free - Alcohol free - No artificial fragrances or dyes
  • Made in small batch in the USA - Not tested on animals
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid Potassium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Babadensis Leaf Juice, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Leaf Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycol Disterate, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
No but Strop Shoppe, one of the original artisanal soap makers had a ‘Black Tie’ scented soap that was very nice - I still have 2-3 pucks of it.

Black Tie is a commercially made fragrance if it’s the same ‘Black Tie’ that Oneblade is using, you can buy it by the gallon, or 55 gallons if you want.

5726F73D-EBC0-4689-BE37-53799C98DACE.jpeg

Bump!
I decided to revive this thread instead of creating a new one. Credit to @Fozzie Bear for creating the thread!
I purchased a couple of OneBlade razors last year and had accumulated rewards points on their website.
I decided to take a chance and purchased two tubs of the Lavender cream and one tube of the after shave balm.
Cost me $30 after applying my rewards point so I found it to be a decent deal. This stuff is expensive, I saved $45!
My usual shaving creams are from TOBS but have tried numerous other soaps/creams.
Well, I can honestly say that the OneBlade shaving cream and after shave balm is spectacular. I used them today
for the first time and was blown away. These are more artisan than anything else and the quality shows. They state that they're "small batch" shaving creams and they're Made in the USA!. The Lavender scent is amazing and the consistency of the cream & the performance is excellent. Very slick!
The after shave balm is excellent too!
They also offer a barber scent that I haven't tried (and probably wont since I don't particularly like barber scents)
Bottom line is that I'd pay the normal price for these products and will whenever I run out.
Highly recommended!

full

full

I'm currently using the Barbershop shave cream of theirs, and I can confidently say it's utterly stupendously amazing! It's become tied for top spot in my brushless shave cream den with my jack black supreme cream! This is the second tub i've used and it's so good scent wise and performace wise, it's worth the price of admission in my eyes and I will surely be buying more, once I run out!

I have used their barbershop scent cream as well. I am new to DE shaving, but I think it is great, slick and comfortable, and it is in my current rotation.

As I stated before, it's absolutely excellent in performance (the lavender). Just make sure you like a super pure lavender scent. If you've ever smelled Yardley's lavender soap (the bath soap I normally use), it smells nothing like it. Apparently different types of lavender exist and the OneBlade is the strong type of lavender smell.
Yardley's is a soft scent & OneBlade soap is strong and just smells different!
Hard to explain so it's something that's gotta be tried I guess!

Top Bottom