What's new

Has anyone tried Gillette Skin Ultra Sensitive Shave Cream?

Not sure what is going on with me, but every time since I started wet shaving, this year, I am inexplicably drawn to the shave isle no matter the store I am in. This time it was Lowes food and I came across this item I had not spotted before and I did a quick search didn't really find any reviews on either. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and how it was. I did not pick it up at the time(it was in my basket for a while before I put it back), but if it is worthwhile I will. What I saw was Gillette Skin Ultra Sensitive Shave Cream and at first I thought it was another non-lathering cream, which I would not be interested in, but after some looking at the back I think it is. After checking the ingredient list it looks like a dual lye cream soap. Dummy me I only took a picture of the front of the cream, but I did look up the ingredients online.

Ingredients:
Water, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Glycerin, Coconut Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Menthol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter
gillette_skin.jpg

-Boris

Looks similar to the earlier "PURE by Gillette" (aka Gillette Pure) in both ingredients and packaging.

Pure omits the mentha arvensis (wild mint), tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E), and shea butter while adding aloe. Otherwise, the size (177 grams) and claims on the tube (no alcohol, dyes, or parabens) are identical. The appearance/colour/consistency of the cream itself (from the Gillette website) also reminds me of Pure.

Therefore, it wouldn't surprise me if this Ultra Sensitive cream performed similarly, as well.

Not sure what is going on with me, but every time since I started wet shaving, this year, I am inexplicably drawn to the shave isle no matter the store I am in
My diagnosis based on your description is early onset of SAD (Soap Acquisition Disorder).

It is very contagious, as I have similar symptoms. I am also looking for alternatives to brush and lathering for my lazy days. This Gillette product looks enticing.

My diagnosis based on your description is early onset of SAD (Soap Acquisition Disorder).

It is very contagious, as I have similar symptoms. I am also looking for alternatives to brush and lathering for my lazy days. This Gillette product looks enticing.
Be strong! Be courageous! Say no! I wonder if a mask will work to not catch it?

Top Bottom