What's new

Anyone NOT like Mama Bears?

The code is "B&B" (without the quotes). It gives you 10% off. I don't think there is a master list, I heard about it in another thread about Mama Bear's soaps.

bwahahahahaha more happiness is getting your soap and shaving soap yesterday!!! ;-):thumbup:
Happiness is......................

.......................checking UPS Tracking and seeing that my Mama Bear package is almost here!!!

DL

bwahahahahaha more happiness is getting your soap and shaving soap yesterday!!! ;-):thumbup:

Tracking shows delivery to be tomorrow. Tonight is my scheduled shave night but I think I'm going to skip it and wait until tomorrow night.

DL

Not fair! :mad3:

Tracking shows delivery to be tomorrow. Tonight is my scheduled shave night but I think I'm going to skip it and wait until tomorrow night.

DL

I'm gonna shave tonight....and when I get my soap tomorrow.

It's a great product with excellent customer service. "Awakenings" is a HIT!

I may try the sample of Awakenings first. The only mentholated product I have used if C.O. Bigelow cream and I love the cool blast. But I don't like the idea of all the artificial crap in it. If awakenings is any where near as refreshing as the Bigelow (I'm sure it is) it will be on my next order.

Look here. It claims it was last updated on February 7, 2011, but Mama Bears is not listed.

Like most of the wiki, that is a page that anyone here can edit (including Sue at Mama Bear). Of course the downside is that a member might decide to update the Fendrihan information, but might not think to update Mama Bear. The wiki team strives to keep things up to date, though, and I thank you for pointing out the omission. I've added the MB B&B 10% discount code.

Like most of the wiki, that is a page that anyone here can edit (including Sue at Mama Bear). Of course the downside is that a member might decide to update the Fendrihan information, but might not think to update Mama Bear. The wiki team strives to keep things up to date, though, and I thank you for pointing out the omission. I've added the MB B&B 10% discount code.

Wow, thanks for doing that for me! :thumbup1: I didn't even know that you had something like that. You treat the supporting vendors Very Well.. and it is Very Much Appreciated!! Thank you, all of you, you guys work hard to make this such a wonderful place! :thumbup:

I'm seeing a few people comment about how their sensitive skin has prevented them from enjoying this line of products.

Out of curiosity, is it safe to say that scented products in general cause skin sensitivity (colognes, body soaps, laundry soaps etc.).

After my second DE shave (last night), I'm thinking that what I thought all my life was really sensitive skin was in fact just a really crappy shaving experience. My first DE shave went really well, and the second one went even better than that. I've yet to have any razor burn or irritation and not a SINGLE ingrown. I ALWAYS got at least one ingrown with cartridges.

Colognes have never bothered me, nor any other scented products. Would I likely be ok with the Mama Bear product line? These scents sound really amazing!

Colognes have never bothered me, nor any other scented products. Would I likely be ok with the Mama Bear product line? These scents sound really amazing!

There is only one way to tell really; try them! Though I know they are not for me there is one thing that is made clear by visiting B&B for some time now; one guys hell is another guys heaven. You won't know till you tried them (or YMMV)!

New gripe: My order didn't come today. I guess we're looking at the 3 day side of priority mail's 2-3 day window :mad3: Not MBs fault of course...

I'd have to add that I wish the labels were a bit more durable. They tend to scratch off the colors/wording, even with normal use. I do not have the same problem with QED labels.

Can the Mama Bear soaps be used with a cream to form a superlather as I've heard described here in the forums?

oh yahhh work well alone or superlather --- i have used with zirh, body shop maca and now saki (long day still working ;-() one--- ll mix gr8 with it...

superlather away

go for it-- i have somewhat sensitive skin--no problems here...

I'm seeing a few people comment about how their sensitive skin has prevented them from enjoying this line of products.

Out of curiosity, is it safe to say that scented products in general cause skin sensitivity (colognes, body soaps, laundry soaps etc.).

After my second DE shave (last night), I'm thinking that what I thought all my life was really sensitive skin was in fact just a really crappy shaving experience. My first DE shave went really well, and the second one went even better than that. I've yet to have any razor burn or irritation and not a SINGLE ingrown. I ALWAYS got at least one ingrown with cartridges.

go for it-- i have somewhat sensitive skin--no problems here...

+1

I have noticed a slight sensitivity to some things and not others. It is sorta Russian roulette at first with any scented soap. The reason some people have irritation with shave soaps and not colognes is because the ex-foliating process of shaving leaves your skin much more vulnerable than normal.

Grab a few samples from Mama Bear's. Their only a buck each plus shipping. Make sure to get scents from different "families". For example I love oriental and more woody scents like Patchouli and Sandalwood, but these are usually the most likely to irritate. Grab at least one really mild one like unscented or maybe almond. Also try a citrus, floral, or even a mentholated one. Your bound to find something you like. :thumbup:

+1

I have noticed a slight sensitivity to some things and not others. It is sorta Russian roulette at first with any scented soap. The reason some people have irritation with shave soaps and not colognes is because the ex-foliating process of shaving leaves your skin much more vulnerable than normal.

Grab a few samples from Mama Bear's. Their only a buck each plus shipping. Make sure to get scents from different "families". For example I love oriental and more woody scents like Patchouli and Sandalwood, but these are usually the most likely to irritate. Grab at least one really mild one like unscented or maybe almond. Also try a citrus, floral, or even a mentholated one. Your bound to find something you like. :thumbup:

I got 8 different samples. I kind of had to stop myself. I easily could have picked out at least 15 more... :lol:

I'm thinking what I'll do is mix them with my unscented AoS cream for a superlather. Even after these, I could still very easily run through a WHOLE bunch of other samples and like a lot of them I'm sure.

I ordered the following:
Sandalwood Vanilla
Fresh Ginger Lime Glycerin
Lemon Ice Mentholated
Dragon's Blood
Coconut Lemongrass
Good Morning Honey
Almond Glycerin
Aqua Di Gio Type Glycerin

Top Bottom