What's new

Anyone looking for the Phoenix shaving DOC safety razor?

I've been looking at the Phoenix shaving DOC razor for some time now. I keep getting the out of stock quote every time I try to see if this razor is available for sale. I contacted Phoenix shaving at their email today, and I received a reply quite quickly. They too are frustrated with not being able to get product for sale. They informed me that they ran into some quality control problems, and the supply they received did not meet their standards and had to be sent back. They informed me that the problems have been corrected, and they expect the new products to arrive shortly. I was also informed that shortly could be any where from several weeks to a couple of months, but they will again have this razor back in stock. I've been following this product for the past couple of months, and have been following all the reviews on the DOC. This looks to be quite the razor, check it out at Phoenix shaving.com

Guess I got one of the last ones back in February I think. Because right after my purchase they went out of of stock.

It is a nice looking razor but I would like more bite and aggressiveness. A R41-lite of you will.

Didn't know the Gillette adjustable is less aggressive than the Phoenix. The Phoenix has little to no bite and is extremely mild imo. When I use it I insert a shim made from a credit card. And it's still mild.

Yes these days the R41 gives me the most satisfying shaves. Never thought it possible when I first bought it :D

Your Phoenix might not be aggressive [MENTION=102234]Earl_Grey[/MENTION] .

The plating on mine was awful. Full of flashing and barbs. Felt terrible on my face and I couldn't figure out why.
Most people said it was mild. My eyes are bad and I never thought to look so close. See below.
Felt like a torture implement to me.

Customer service was exceptional though and issued me a refund. :thumbup1:

$IMG_20160204_182356 (2).jpg

I got my phoenix a couple years ago and, although zamak, it's finish was perfect and it's a dandy little razor. I've switched to a heavier handle to give it more oomph. Admittedly I only use it a couple of times a year, it isn't in regular rotation.

Top Bottom