What's new

Anyone “Investing” in the Firearms Future?

Unless you have recently awoken from a coma, you know the availability of firearms and ammunition has gone way off the scale. As a result, the pricing of these commodities has risen exponentially.
Is anyone working to acquire an inventory of these goods for “speculation” purposes in the foreseeable future?
I know of one individual who a while back sold a S&W bare bones
M&P Sport II AR rifle for a $1,200.00 profit. As an aside, the buyer was the one who initiated the sale, not the seller.
Ammunition has gone insane. Don’t look for that to level off for a long time.
We live in a capitalist society where supply and demand is the prevailing rule of engagement. Can’t really help but wonder what the near future will bring😳

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I already have pretty much what I want. Got my last .44 Spl. and four boxes of ammo a few months ago before all the panic buying started. I have an old Colt that I paid $800 for years ago and it's worth about $2,500 now. And I have some shotguns and rifles I inherited from Dad that are major brand classics. Quality firearms and gold are never a bad investment.

I've been a gun fanatic for at least 10 years and saw this coming way before it was a thing. I'm plenty stocked up, and no plans to profit, unless offered.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I will sell nothing, but will give away to friends, family and veterans. Especially those in my family who are friendly veterans!

Wish I had more small pistol primers, though. Anybody know where in stock? Down to ... 750. Dang.

AA

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Is that like a $600 rifle? So he made $600 + $1200 profit? I’m not interested in selling...but dang, that’s kinda hard to pass up.

I'm a greedy, hog of a businessman when I want to be. I do stuff like buy a $5 Gillette Fatboy on Etsy from a sucker, polish it and sell it for over $200 on eBay in my spare time. But for some reason, this has not clicked for me. For one, I don't think I can own enough guns for what's coming (nay, what's HERE). Furthermore, I don't want my surplus ending up in the hands of my adversaries. But it sounds scrumptious to my greedy side. In the end, I'll find sum'n else to profit on and keep what may very well be my last resort.

Is that like a $600 rifle? So he made $600 + $1200 profit? I’m not interested in selling...but dang, that’s kinda hard to pass up.
Right after the hysteria in 2013, while working at a local shop, we had a customer bring in a ban era bushmaster. A gun that wouldn’t sell for over $550 a week prior, was put up for sale as a consignment, meaning the seller set the price. He was asking $3,600.00!! We laughed and said it was greedy and despite there being a frantic and hysteric buying trend, it wasn’t likely to sell at that price point. Wow was I wrong. That gun didn’t last 3 hours, and was bought at full asking price, no haggles.

I have nearly everything I’m interested in having. I would sell some if I had the need to do so, but I feel better knowing they have increased in value and they are safely locked away. There’s a value in holding them at any time, and bad times come and go, but if They don’t go away, my hardware only serves to appreciate even more.

At most, I don’t look to sell what I have but I almost always am have one or twoguns that are for tinkering with or trading. I like having these during times like this because yesterday’s bargain is suddenly a prized commodity when I go to barter.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’d let any of my guns go for 3 grand! I bought my M&P for $500. This was in early 2018. It was on consignment for $550, I offered the seller $500. Then got the rail for free and threw that on and some iron sights. I’m sitting on a goldmine! :lol:

6401057D-ECB6-4755-9E84-7DBC136DBF7E.jpeg

F8B25EF0-55E6-4BC7-A008-9ADB6B99AB22.jpeg

Old saying 'it's not how many guns you have that matters. It's how many rounds'. I would avoid acquisition right now. Prices are unsustainable.

Notice how the gungrabbers have clammed up - before the election. Town folk who used to despise the 2A all of a sudden see some wisdom in the Bill of Rights and are willing to pay foolish prices for thier 1st firearm. And if they're lucky a box of cartridges to go along. hmmm... Blue tyranny in the big cities doesn't seem to taste so good anymore. Who can blame them.

If you know a first timer please for all of our well being encourage them to take a class or help them practice, know proper handling and burn these 4 things on the inside of their eyelids;

proxy.php
by Jeff Cooper

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Old saying 'it's not how many guns you have that matters. It's how many rounds'. I would avoid acquisition right now. Prices are unsustainable.

Notice how the gungrabbers have clammed up - before the election. Town folk who used to despise the 2A all of a sudden see some wisdom in the Bill of Rights and are willing to pay foolish prices for thier 1st firearm. And if they're lucky a box of cartridges to go along. hmmm... Blue tyranny in the big cities doesn't seem to taste so good anymore. Who can blame them.

If you know a first timer please for all of our well being encourage them to take a class or help them practice, know proper handling and burn these 4 things on the inside of their eyelids;

proxy.php
by Jeff Cooper
Amen. I won't go into specifics. But I'm worth a lot more on paper since about January.

And my private hillbilly range has had many a first time shooter convert to being like me: believing that the 2nd amendment should have been written first, ha.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Amen. I won't go into specifics. But I'm worth a lot more on paper since about January.

And my private hillbilly range has had many a first time shooter convert to being like me: believing that the 2nd amendment should have been written first, ha.
I hope y'all reconize humour attempts when you see it.

I believe with every fiber of my being that the closest thing to Holy Scripture since the New Testament was our Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights, Constitution, Federalist Papers.....you get my drift. The First Ten Amendments to our Constitution are in the perfect order. I believe the Founders were chosen for their roles by a Power higher than coincidence.

We just happen to be living in some times/circumstances that I feel make lead a more valuable commodity than gold. Both might save my life, but right now I feel that one is of greater importance.

I'll not be "bugging out." Too old for that, and my final debts have all been marked "paid in full" by the One that matters.

So I'll put up as much food as I can harvest and share as much as I can. Hope to kill a few deer and can up as much as I have cans for. This old shack I live in has room for boarders if needed, rent free if they work it off. I've got enough wood harvested for probably 3 heating seasons.
Plenty of dead fall to keep folks busy earning their room and board.

I intend to not get sick this coming flu season. I'm a nurse; I know better than to do unsanitary things, but ya never know.

If you fail to plan you may as well be planning to fail.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I hope y'all reconize humour attempts when you see it.

I believe with every fiber of my being that the closest thing to Holy Scripture since the New Testament was our Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights, Constitution, Federalist Papers.....you get my drift. The First Ten Amendments to our Constitution are in the perfect order. I believe the Founders were chosen for their roles by a Power higher than coincidence.

We just happen to be living in some times/circumstances that I feel make lead a more valuable commodity than gold. Both might save my life, but right now I feel that one is of greater importance.

I'll not be "bugging out." Too old for that, and my final debts have all been marked "paid in full" by the One that matters.

So I'll put up as much food as I can harvest and share as much as I can. Hope to kill a few deer and can up as much as I have cans for. This old shack I live in has room for boarders if needed, rent free if they work it off. I've got enough wood harvested for probably 3 heating seasons.
Plenty of dead fall to keep folks busy earning their room and board.

I intend to not get sick this coming flu season. I'm a nurse; I know better than to do unsanitary things, but ya never know.

If you fail to plan you may as well be planning to fail.

Great post George Bailey Fanboy.

:a14:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I will sell nothing, but will give away to friends, family and veterans. Especially those in my family who are friendly veterans!

Wish I had more small pistol primers, though. Anybody know where in stock? Down to ... 750. Dang.

AA
750 spp - sol my friend. Pretty much everything one needs for reloading is gone...primers are the hardest to find. Whenever a company has them, they are gone in minutes. Bullets next....some orders take up to 8 weeks to arrive, if any are available. One of my suppliers is out of 9 and .45 for quite a while, and I check daily, hoping to get lucky.
Glad I stocked up on primers and powders.

Stuff is out there.....somewhere. Just have to look really hard and hope you get lucky. A couple days ago I passed on a pretty good buy....Winchester bulk 9mm (1,000 rounds) for around $350. No need for additional 9mm right now.
.380 is close to impossible to find; best of luck if you are in need of any.
Firearms are available for decent prices. The smaller, EDC type weapons are more at a premium but can be had at reasonable cost. within the past two weeks I have picked up (new) a Kimber Micro 9mm and Kahr CW 380. Got the pair for less than $1,000. Not too bad I think.

Last edited:
Top Bottom