What's new

Anyone interested in sampling Thompson Brittany pipe-tobacco cigars?

Would anyone be interested in going in on a Thompson Brittany Assortment of pipe-tobacco cigars with me? I know folks have advised me to look elsewhere, but I've read the reviews on these and really want to try them. Unfortunately, the smallest quantity they sell is 25 (5 ea. of 5 different flavors), and I don't think I'm ready to commit to that yet.

I'm hoping to get 4 folks who would be interested in going in with me. 25 sticks sell for $42. Assuming $6 for Thompson to ship to me, and $3 for me to ship to you, and you can get 5 (1 of each) for $12.50 ($2.50 per). For a better deal, I could get the 50 pack for $75. Assuming slightly more shipping cost, you could get 10 (2 of each) for $20 ($2.00) per. Come to think of it, I like that second option better.

Anyway, this is not a B&B sanctioned group buy; just something I'm trying to organize so I don't have to commit to 25 without having tried them. As a matter of fact, I haven't asked anyone if this is OK; if I'm stepping over a line, I trust a mod/admin will let me know.

Assuming that this is OK, is there anyone interested?

Another thing to consider is sending tobacco over state lines.

I would be interested in this if it's okay with the B&B community... and of course law enforcement.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Legally there is no issue with this, except maybe Washington state they passed a law recently dealing with this issue and I am not aware if it only applies to vendors or everyone.

No it is still legal to ship your buddy a cigar, or to our service members over seas. B&B policy prohibits the sale of tobacco by members. Pifs, trades, and collaborating to buy from legal vendors is all fine.

Quite right,Thank you James.

While its B&B Policy is to disallow Tobacco sales in the BST, peer to peer sharing is fine.

Thank you gentlemen. It appears this idea has the green light.

So, we have 2 interested parties (the_ogre25 and Quietville). Can we get 2 more?

I'm going to have to withdraw my interest. I hate to do this but I have an interesting story that I will post in a new thread as to not derail this one.

No problem. It doesn't appear that this idea is generating a lot of interest, anyway. I appreciate you considering it.

hey captian... ahve you had a thompson cigar before? i've had like 3... nothing worth remembering...
Yeah, that's what I've heard, too. But, the Brittany's aren't just regular cigars; they're made with aromatic pipe-tobacco. They're hand made in a decent size with both long and short filler - which is pretty rare for a pipe-tobacco cigar. They supposedly get positive comments from the non-smokers around you. The reviews - from both newbies and old-timers alike - are pretty positive, with more than one saying things like "My wife actually asked me to smoke one of these, she likes the smell so much!"

I just wanted to give them a try without having to buy 25. I thought others might be interested, too.

Well, enough interest has been expressed. The order has been placed; I'll be in touch when it arrives. Thanks folks! :001_smile

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
CaptianK:
I'm interested...PM sent!!! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"Gentlemen, you may smoke." King Edward VII of England

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Huh? I don't know why my replies to your PM aren't showing in my Sent Box - my replies to other folks did. You either received 2 copies of my reply, or none. Please let me know which is the case. Thanks! :001_smile
CaptainK:
Got both your PM's (copies), and I sent a PM reply. :lol1:

proxy.php
"If I cannot smoke cigars in Heaven…I shall not go". Mark Twain

I'd like to try one if there are any more to go around!
Well, the first order of 25 just arrived, and all are spoken for. If any of those deals fall through, I'll let you know. If not, I may organize another round in a couple weeks, or perhaps someone else can organize another round sooner.

Top Bottom