What's new

Anyone else lucky enough to live near a store that carries shave gear?

I hope they dont close because of the pandemic

Me too. They're still open but have reduced their hours. I went there last week and it was strange because I had to pull my mask down to smell anything I wanted to smell. Definitely felt different. I did buy some stuff though. :)

I live near an Art of Shaving outlet, but I'm not sure that counts. For starters, I'd have to voluntarily enter a shopping mall, and their prices are so ridiculous that I've only been in once. If memory serves, they wanted $10 for 5 Gillette Platinum blades! P&G won't get another penny from me.

I mostly stick to the Italian Barber these days. I really like supporting such a small innovative company even though they're not local. We're all spoiled for choice these days with so many online stores stocking hundreds of soaps, aftershaves and even $50 stainless razors!

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
AOS doesn't work for me. Denverites converge and give your business to Colorado Shaver Center in Englewood.

Definitely no meccas around here! I have found stores that carry an item or two that I use, but will probably do mostly online now.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Let's not forget all you bargain shoppers that live within striking distance of a -TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Burlington. Pickings have been nonexistent lately but it is just a matter of time....

Me too. They're still open but have reduced their hours. I went there last week and it was strange because I had to pull my mask down to smell anything I wanted to smell. Definitely felt different. I did buy some stuff though. :)
Thanks for supporting them. The idea of that place closing would be tragic. Not that I could really say, but I always suspected that the shaving-gear-foot-traffic in that place was a little light for a mother-load like that. Then this.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I can get a few traditional shaving items within walking distance, and I am a tram journey away from The English Shaving Co aka Edwin Jagger. I've never been though. I don't know if they have a counter service, or just mail order.

I live about an hour from the Shave Shack. Steve is mainly an online enterprise but does have a store front near Navasota, Texas. Great amount of the soap and gear you want and super service.

While my heart would love to live near such a place, my head knows that my bank account would suffer horribly. The thought of being able to drive across town and shop at a store that sales wet shaving supplies makes my heart flutter.

I live about an hour from the Shave Shack. Steve is mainly an online enterprise but does have a store front near Navasota, Texas. Great amount of the soap and gear you want and super service.
I was looking for a review on these guys when I put in an order a week or so ago. Received my soap on Saturday and it was used. Spoke with Steve, who was surprised and said he'd refund it. Asked me to call this past Tuesday to speak to their stocker. Then they decided to ignore me. So, I had to put in a complaint through PayPal. Hope it goes smoother than my ordeal with this vendor. Not very happy with their customer service.

Guess if I found this review I would have tried them anyway... But their customer service has apparently tanked. 😕

Attachments

• PXL_20230422_200914126.jpg
    PXL_20230422_200914126.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
For several years, I worked within walking distance from Pasteur's. I spent many a lunch break browsing there. Much restraint was practiced. Every so often, they would put out samples. Occasional chat with Leon. I stuck mostly to the less expensive soaps and creams. Best purchase was the last of Proraso's red tubes with wheat germ,around 2008-2009 before reformulation.

Let's not forget all you bargain shoppers that live within striking distance of a -TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Burlington. Pickings have been nonexistent lately but it is just a matter of time....
Ross stores are part of the same family. They get lots of disposable Gillette and BiC razors, some that are made for markets outside the US. They also have lots of colognes, body washes, and bar soaps. All sold at discount.

I was looking for a review on these guys when I put in an order a week or so ago. Received my soap on Saturday and it was used. Spoke with Steve, who was surprised and said he'd refund it. Asked me to call this past Tuesday to speak to their stocker. Then they decided to ignore me. So, I had to put in a complaint through PayPal. Hope it goes smoother than my ordeal with this vendor. Not very happy with their customer service.

Guess if I found this review I would have tried them anyway... But their customer service has apparently tanked. 😕
Welp, CCC Shave shack completely ignored both me and PayPal. Got awarded a refund this morning.

It boggles the mind, why they thought this was a good way to do business. Ooh well. At least others can learn from my mistake and avoid these folks.

I'm a lucky bastard really as I live in London with easy access to all the wonderful shaving shops on Jermyn Street, St James' and Curzon Street.

Top Bottom