What's new

Anyone else been here?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I've been a few times...thinking about going back sometime. You can also buy them there cooked or uncooked by the dozen and take them home.

A couple of BBQ joints here sell them, and I think Wally World still sells them. Greasy, but a regional classic for decades. When summer rolls around I may have to pick up a few for one of the family BBQs.

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I've been a few times...thinking about going back sometime. You can also buy them there cooked or uncooked by the dozen and take them home.

A couple of BBQ joints here sell them, and I think Wally World still sells them. Greasy, but a regional classic for decades. When summer rolls around I may have to pick up a few for one of the family BBQs.

Mike, sounds like a perfect place for Texas history. The place is way far from my locale but I'll put it on my list of lists.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've been through Pittsburgh more than a few times but knew nothing about those. I've even seen that sign but had no idea there was something distinct about those hot links. I guess I need to get back up there!

I love that show, too.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I've been through Pittsburgh more than a few times but knew nothing about those. I've even seen that sign but had no idea there was something distinct about those hot links. I guess I need to get back up there!

I love that show, too.

If you get by there just be aware the texture is not like regular hot links. When you cut them up they are kind of "mushy" instead of firm. And I didn't think they were that hot at all. Get the classic...half dozen and a cup of chili, and place some cut up link on a cracker and add hot sauce to taste.

It's only a little over an hour from me so it's an easy afternoon trip. I looked up the menu of one of the BBQ places here in town and the Pittsburg links are $8.00 a dozen already cooked.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
My friends used to run the marina at Bob Sandlin and I fished there occasionally. Don't remember that place but we did put away plenty of Earl Campbell's East Texas hot links. Heartburn city!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
My friends used to run the marina at Bob Sandlin and I fished there occasionally. Don't remember that place but we did put away plenty of Earl Campbell's East Texas hot links. Heartburn city!

I have a few of Earl's links in the fridge that I threw on the grill to char the other day. Classic hot links.

Picked up a dozen Pittsburg links at the BBQ shack when I was in town today. Also got 1/2 pound of chopped beef. I think chopped beef sammich and a few links are on the menu for tonight.

1580335896456.png

Top Bottom