What's new

Anyone checking out Amazon Prime Day deals?

I've seen several shaving products from Proraso single blade, Art of Shaving, Cremo, and more at big discounts. Check it out if you're a prime member and get easily seduced by sales.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm a Prime member, and I have to say that Amazon search is ALMOST as bad as Etsy.
There's no efficient way to use qualifiers. You can't search for "Red Doo Rag" because you get results for "Red Doo Rag" "Doo Rag" and "Red".
Seems like they'd want to make finding what you want a little easier, to keep people like me from giving up and moving on to another source. I'm not going to scroll through 35 pages of every color doo rag under the sun to find the couple of Red ones they have.

I'm a Prime member, and I have to say that Amazon search is ALMOST as bad as Etsy.
There's no efficient way to use qualifiers. You can't search for "Red Doo Rag" because you get results for "Red Doo Rag" "Doo Rag" and "Red".
Seems like they'd want to make finding what you want a little easier, to keep people like me from giving up and moving on to another source. I'm not going to scroll through 35 pages of every color doo rag under the sun to find the couple of Red ones they have.

I never took you as a doo-rag kind of guy lol

I've been noticing this recently too. I did a search for a watch yesterday, typed in the brand and one other descriptor word that I thought would help to zero in on what I wanted.... I literally got a page+ of watches from totally different brands, and then the watch I was looking for at the end. Ridiculous.

Try put quotation marks around your search terms. This tells the search engine to look only for those terms. Works most of the time.

Like everything, I just put the search into ElGoog and scroll the first page or click products. Amazon should be pretty high up the list. I believe there is a way to search just one website, but haven't bothered figuring it out. But yeah, some items are hard to find regardless.

I just made a thread for this:

Rockwell 6S, $76.74!
Login (must be a Prime member), add it to your cart and checkout and it automatically takes off 20% from the already discounted price.
$76.74

https://www.amazon.com/Rockwell-Razors-Stainless-Adjustable-Swedish/dp/B0778FYQR6/ref=sr_1_64?crid=3R09ULZ9R4UHG&keywords=safety+razor&qid=1657673620&rnid=2941120011&s=beauty&sprefix=safety+razor,aps,125&sr=1-64

Shows that, with 20% off, “sale price” is $95. And yes, I’m logged in.

Lots of prices are more today than they were a couple of days ago.

JB can live without my money for a while longer.

But thanks @LRod for posting this. I did want to look and see what was marked down today and would have forgotten.

Shows that, with 20% off, “sale price” is $95. And yes, I’m logged in.

Lots of prices are more today than they were a couple of days ago.

JB can live without my money for a while longer.

But thanks @LRod for posting this. I did want to look and see what was marked down today and would have forgotten.
Don't just put it in your cart! You need to hit "checkout" as well and then move on to that screen. You'll see the extra discount there! I just logged in and tried and got $76.74
Here's a screenshot that I took a minute ago:

Screenshot_20220713-164608.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom