What's new

Anybody try the Yaqi boar?

proxy.php

I don't know.

It's a nice handle but for the price, and the effort I've put into it so far, I decided to get off the pursuit of it. Maybe I'll pick it up at a later date and mess around with it. For now, I'm thoroughly aggravated with it.

Too many brushes that are all around a pleasure to use right out of the gate to fool with this for me.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
I don't know.

It's a nice handle but for the price, and the effort I've put into it so far, I decided to get off the pursuit of it. Maybe I'll pick it up at a later date and mess around with it. For now, I'm thoroughly aggravated with it.

Too many brushes that are all around a pleasure to use right out of the gate to fool with this for me.
Anything new to report on the brush's shedding?

I did want to try out the Yaqi boar but that picture does concern me a bit. Hopefully they come out with a better QC boar brushes in the future.

I've been using that same brush for almost a month now. I didn't have an initial loss like that but a few hairs every shave. The hair loss has been slowing down and today may have been the first shave without loosing any. hopefully it's settled in. I do have Yaqi badger and synth and both have been stellar.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0010 - Edited.jpg
I received mine last week, and immediately combed it. I have used it twice and been impressed by the performance -- great lather. When the brush dried after each shave, I combed it again. So far, shedding has not exceeded what I would consider normal for a new boar brush.
(My Semogue Excelsior 830 is the only boar, however, that has shed less than any natural hair brush I have.)

I received mine last week, and immediately combed it. I have used it twice and been impressed by the performance -- great lather. When the brush dried after each shave, I combed it again. So far, shedding has not exceeded what I would consider normal for a new boar brush.
(My Semogue Excelsior 830 is the only boar, however, that has shed less than any natural hair brush I have.)

It's a rare brush now and your pictures are always great!

I don't know. I probably won't buy a made in china animal hair brush.

Why not just get an omega or semogue? They are inexpensive and are made in europe.

Top Bottom